Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 6/24/08

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 6/24/08

Great after work ride today. We had to cut our plans short somewhat due to darkness, but I think the planned loop would have been doable if we didn't stop so much to figure out where we were. I can't wait to ride out there again.

Good riding with o3jeff and Greg again.

BTW - Check for ticks guys, I pulled what appears to be a large deer tick off my leg when I got home...
    Brian

No pics or video?

That place has been bad for ticks. Seems like you get one every time you go there.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Good ride there again. I really like that place so far and there seems to be a lot more trails that we haven't hit yet.

Thanks for the head up on the tick check.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    No pics or video?

That place has been bad for ticks. Seems like you get one every time you go there.
    No time to stop for pics or vid.

I've gotten ticks two out of the last three times I've been there...
    Brian

I appear to be tick free but my legs look like I rode through thorn bushes.

I really need to start to remember to check for them after each ride.

Really great ride tonight. I like Nass a lot. It's about a 15 mile drive and took me just a little bit over 15 minutes to get there. I definitely plan to get really familiar with this place.

Yeah, we did the stuff on the East side of 69 based on Crankfire's rec (thanks Nate!). We were a little stop and go trying to figure out those directions, but I think we got most of it right. We cruised south on 69 back to the cars instead of doing the stuff on the West side, but we did have enough time to hit a nice flowing loop of tight singletrack to the west of the parking area that Brian and Jeff have ridden before. Great little loop given the low light - nice and smooth. That would make a great warm-up/cool-down before hitting the larger loop. The GPS track said we did 5.9 miles which I think was pretty close.

Anyway, really psyched about this place. Looking forward to exploring more and learning more of it. I felt I rode pretty good tonight with a few sections fully stopping upright and doing some line corrections. I love the granny gear, but bridges still scare me. I'm such a wimp.

I checked and I appear to be tick-free, although I feel like things are crawling on me now. Can't wait for Thursday.
    I ski double black diamonds.

I need to remember the bug spray next time... Aside from the tick I have mosquito bites all over me...

Definitely some good stuff in there. Enough to challenge me without making me feel like a total newb. I'm thinking we should do the same loop again Thursday, maybe we'll get lucky and have some a local tour guide this time...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'm thinking we should do the same loop again Thursday, maybe we'll get lucky and have some a local tour guide this time...
    Definitely we should do it again if Nate comes to show us the right way around and hopefully we will remember it since that loop is a good after work ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I need to remember the bug spray next time... Aside from the tick I have mosquito bites all over me...
    Didn't Greg or I off you any of our Deet spray?

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Didn't Greg or I off you any of our Deet spray?
    Yes, but I declined since I had my own. I just forgot to put it on...
    Brian

Thread Information