Nassahegan 6-25-2008 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    IWhat he meant is that at the bottom of your pedal stroke you want to have the action of pulling back, like you're trying to clean the dog crap off of the bottom of your shoe.
    I'll have to give this a try tonight.

I hear what you're saying, but that's not Marc's point (at least I don't think so, who knows with him). What he meant is that at the bottom of your pedal stroke you want to have the action of pulling back, like you're trying to clean the dog crap off of the bottom of your shoe. Except, of course, since you're clipped in that will pull the pedal back with your foot, helping with a more circular stroke
    Excatly, but its not just at the bottom of the stroke. At the top you almost want to push forward. Think about making big circles with your feet during the entire pedal stroke, this is called spinning.

I hear what you're saying, but that's not Marc's point (at least I don't think so, who knows with him). What he meant is that at the bottom of your pedal stroke you want to have the action of pulling back, like you're trying to clean the dog crap off of the bottom of your shoe. Except, of course, since you're clipped in that will pull the pedal back with your foot, helping with a more circular stroke
    Ha, ok, I see that... I guess I just wanted to talk about my shitty experience
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Excatly, but its not just at the bottom of the stroke. At the top you almost want to push forward. Think about making big circles with your feet during the entire pedal stroke, this is called spinning.
    Yeah, you're right, but I was just explaining the dog shit scraping reference...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by cbcbd View Post
    Ha, ok, I see that... I guess I just wanted to talk about my shitty experience
    I don't blame ya, I took the opportunity to do the same thing...
    Brian

Plus poo smells bad.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information