• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/24-2/25 Storm Discussion Thread

Zand

This one looks like another southern NE event, but more than a foot of snow is likely.

Zand

Get with the hour! LOL. The newest models are saying 1 foot. They were saying 1" last night. This one came up quick.

Greg

Staff member
Heading to Sugarbush tomorrow afternoon. Let's bring this baby North for a pow day Friday!

hammer

Zand said:
Get with the hour! LOL. The newest models are saying 1 foot. They were saying 1" last night. This one came up quick.
Do you have the source? I'm checking accuweather.com and I don't see any updates yet.

dmc

Zand said:
The newest models are saying 1 foot. They were saying 1" last night. This one came up quick.

Must be a guy forecasting... ;)

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
Heading to Sugarbush tomorrow afternoon. Let's bring this baby North for a pow day Friday!
You are? So am I. We should get a few turns in.
PM sent.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Zand said:
Zand, where are you hearing this? I haven't heard this at all. I am supposed to go to Boston tomorrow night for my niece's Junior recital at the New England Conservatory. While I want snow, I hope it doesn't mess this up.

dmc

Catskill are supposed to get 4 to 6" tomorow night...
And a nice one this Monday....

Zand

Bouchard on 7 News said 6-12" from Worcester County to Boston and 12"+ south of the pike.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Zand said:

Ummm....Smokejack, I'm only seeing one inch according to NWS: :eek:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/box/fcst3.pl?citylist=m15&B1=Get+Forecast

There was some discussion about maybe more south of Boston but that does us little if any good in ski country. :roll:

WHDH is also saying pretty much about the same thing...but we can hope.

http://www1.whdh.com/weather/

subdude

Ok I love this new weather pattern of storms hitting New England for the next few weeks. The models for this upcoming event took a Northerly track today. Yesterday ,Washington DC was in the jackpot range today they may be to far South to get any significant snows. We've seen this all winter.
The 5 day models are showing the possibility of a Monster storm Mon-Wed of next week that will put this one to shame. We are in a new pattern where the NAO or North Atlantic Oscillation has gone negative when that takes place, New England gets nailed with storm after storm. Folks even though I'm done skiing for the season due to a knee injury we are in for an awsome late winter weather mix that will drop alot of freshies to ski areas in New England right through mid March. Enjoy

thetrailboss

Staff member
subdude said:
Ok I love this new weather pattern of storms hitting New England for the next few weeks. The models for this upcoming event took a Northerly track today. Yesterday ,Washington DC was in the jackpot range today they may be to far South to get any significant snows. We've seen this all winter.
The 5 day models are showing the possibility of a Monster storm Mon-Wed of next week that will put this one to shame. We are in a new pattern where the NAO or North Atlantic Oscillation has gone negative when that takes place, New England gets nailed with storm after storm. Folks even though I'm done skiing for the season due to a knee injury we are in for an awsome late winter weather mix that will drop alot of freshies to ski areas in New England right through mid March. Enjoy

Sounds like you are a meterologist or something...or did you get this from somewhere? Regardless, great news! Hope the knee heals.

subdude

thetrailboss said:
subdude said:

Sounds like you are a meterologist or something...or did you get this from somewhere? Regardless, great news! Hope the knee heals.

Well i've been a weather junkie for a long time and since the advent of the internet so much information is readily available. I'm still trying to grasp reading of models and weather patterns it's interesting stuff alot of good weather forums out there too. skiing and weather go hand in hand. About the knee, scheduled reconstructive surgery on ACL 4/13 :( so the knee will heal in time for next season :(

thetrailboss

Staff member
subdude said:
thetrailboss said:
subdude said:

Well i've been a weather junkie for a long time and since the advent of the internet so much information is readily available. I'm still trying to grasp reading of models and weather patterns it's interesting stuff alot of good weather forums out there too. skiing and weather go hand in hand. About the knee, scheduled reconstructive surgery on ACL 4/13 :( so the knee will heal in time for next season :(

Unless of course it snows like he%^ and we are skiing in June and July :wink:

I'd say that you could summer ski at 10e, but, oh yeah, that disappeared. :-?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
subdude said:
Are we going to see you on the weather channel in a few years or what. :D