Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 6/26/08

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 6/26/08

Great ride tonight! Thanks to Nate from Crankfire.com for giving us the tour and giving us a decent pace to try and keep up with. We did the whole loop in a bit under 2 hours which is a much faster pace than we had on Tuesday. I'm way too tired to post much else right now. I did one poser picture today, I'm not even sure it's worth posting though.

Brian

Also want to thank Nate for the tour even tough I bailed early. I'll need to really rest up next time i know he is leading

Brian how was that last leg going that way? About the same as the way we did it?

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I did one poser picture today, I'm not even sure it's worth posting though.
    I take it only Greg and I are in the pic

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Also want to thank Nate for the tour even tough I bailed early. I'll need to really rest up next time i know he is leading

Brian how was that last leg going that way? About the same as the way we did it?
    I think that last leg was a little easier on the way back than the way we did it.
    Brian

Thumbs up Rad ride

That was one helluva great ride. Best so far this season. Nassahegan is radical. Thanks so much again Nate for being the tour guide, your patience and pushing us a little; okay a lot. I think I have that loop firmly set in the brain now too.

I felt pretty good on this ride and even got up the sack to ride that stupid little bridge I freaked out on on Tuesday. The second half of that loop Jeff was great. No real climbs, but a lot of on and off technical stuff which Brian and I couldn't seem to get a rhythm on. The highlight on that leg of the ride was when my seat malfunctioned. As I'm tightening it up, here comes a group of guys ripping through. I noticed a few Crankfire.com shirts. I let 3 of them pass. Thinking the coast is clear I start behind them and soon hear two more right behind me. It was interesting trying to hold their pace which I did okay with, but almost died in the process. Luckily, Nate and Brian and the first three CFers were stopped a bit up the trail. We let them continue on and the last stretch of the loop was some of that fun twisty turny smooth singletrack. Good stuff.

I'm hooked now more than ever. What a great ride. Looking forward to beating this bike down so I can get a real one soon. I'm spent, but it feels great. Nate's a super nice guy. Thanks again for leading us!
    I ski double black diamonds.

I'm practically limping today. I got several parts of my bike bashed into my legs last night, especially from the one semi-OTB incident. It's all worth it though, great ride! I was happy that I rode more stuff last night than I did on Tuesday. I've still got a long way to go, but that's the fun of it.
    Brian

Sounds like a great ride, guys! Wow, Nate must be really fast! (Or I'm REALLY slow )

Nice to see the MTB community on here thriving!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I am dragging today, didn't want to get out of bed since my body is sore all over. I definitely have a long long way to go, but if we keep attempting rides like this the body should eventually get used to it.

very excellent...glad you guys got out and the weather cooperated.....looking forward to sundays ride

steve

Is Sunday's ride still in the afternoon?

If so I think I will pass on this one. I prefer to ride in the morning so I have the rest of the day. This weekend is also supposed to be hot and I would rather ride early while it is still reasonable out.

Thread Information