Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 6/26/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was great riding with you guys! It was a good ride last night, exactly what I needed - a decent pace was had on a solid loop. Though it was definitely a faster pace than I was hoping for! I really got to get out more. And I said it last night, but you guys need to give yourselves more credit! You all cruised right along and came out healthy and alive - and some of those trails are certainly no gimmies!

Even now, I am still hating that climb.

Just let me know if you ever want to get out for some more tours, plenty of other trails there (and I tend to think the Lamsons area might be getting a bit over ridden this year....)
    Crankfire.com - New Englandish Mountain Biking Community

Quote Originally Posted by Crankfire View Post
    Though it was definitely a faster pace than I was hoping for!
    You set the pace. We were no where near that pace when we rode on Tuesday. We started at around the same time and I think it was about 10 after 8 by the time we finally got to 69 (or maybe that's when we got to the cars after riding down 69), that's around the same time that we finished the whole ride last night.

Even now, I am still hating that climb.

Just let me know if you ever want to get out for some more tours, plenty of other trails there (and I tend to think the Lamsons area might be getting a bit over ridden this year....)
    That climb kicked my arse. Call me crazy, but I like it. It's going to be a challenge of mine to be able to ride the whole thing in one shot. I know I have the energy to do it, I need to be able to pick a good line though. It would probably help if I could get into the granny ring too....

I'm definitely up for some more tours. I'd like to see some more trails, like more of the stuff around the Session's area.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    That climb kicked my arse. Call me crazy, but I like it. It's going to be a challenge of mine to be able to ride the whole thing in one shot. I know I have the energy to do it, I need to be able to pick a good line though. It would probably help if I could get into the granny ring too....
    Yeah, but you were impressive on that climb! You were right on my ass the whole way up, and yeah, having your granny gear might just help It's just that last little up, you climb and climb, and your energy at that point is sucked away, then blam! "Hey climb this! Oh... and here is a big root you have to hump over...." Makes me sad because you get sooo close... that last bit gets me more often than not

I hate it.
    Crankfire.com - New Englandish Mountain Biking Community

Yeah, but you were impressive on that climb! You were right on my ass the whole way up, and yeah, having your granny gear might just help It's just that last little up, you climb and climb, and your energy at that point is sucked away, then blam! "Hey climb this! Oh... and here is a big root you have to hump over...." Makes me sad because you get sooo close... that last bit gets me more often than not

I hate it.
    For some reason I want to try this, sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    For some reason I want to try this, sounds like fun.
    You would love this ride.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Sweet! We scored an official Crankfire entry for this ride:

http://www.crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=422

Thanks for the nod, Nate!
    I ski double black diamonds.

I hate it.
    Thanks for the compliment. I like climbs with some challenge in them, gives me a good goal to work towards.
    Brian

Thread Information