Anyone use a Jansport Goshawk 40?

AlpineZone

Anyone use a Jansport Goshawk 40?

The Jansport Goshawk 40 is a 2450 cu.in. internal frame pack, on sale at Campmor for $49.97. Seems like a good deal, but I'm hesitant to purchase packs that I haven't personally tried on. I haven't been able to locate any place local that carries them, so I'm looking for some honest reviews. The pack can be seen at: Campmor

Thanks,
    Smitty

You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later. -- Earl Hickey's Karma Guide

Items for Sale
    I have an old Jansport Cascade Rucksack (circa 1996) and it is outstanding. I used it for high school, college, and then hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, camping, etc. It was manufactured in the U.S. Good guarantee and good design (whooping 2900 cu in for $49 at the time). Can't find anything like it. I did have a larger external frame and had a similar experience...good value. You can always buy and send it back
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I just might end up doing that. It's a pretty decent price on what seems like a nice pack. I have a small Jansport daypack that I used in high school and college that I have had great luck with. I still use it on dayhikes, but it's just not big enough to hold cool weather gear like a fleece jacket, pants, a wind breaker, hats, gloves, food, water, etc.
    You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later. -- Earl Hickey's Karma Guide

Items for Sale
    Well, my rucksack was not a basic thing....for $49 it had ice axe loops, a mesh front pocket, expansion straps, and decent hip strap. Good value. This model looks good as well.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information