• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/28-3/1 Storm Discussion Thread

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
thetrailboss said:
I really don't know who to believe...
I know exactly how much snow we're going to get, but I can't tell you until tomorrow afternoon... :p

:lol:

So whos going to blow off work tomorrow to go skiing?? I don't think I can, but I'm thinking of heading out for some turns tonight... :D

ctenidae

I always follow the NOAA forecasts- whoever writes the "Hazardous Weather Outlook" bits has a good sense of humor. I've seen comments ranginf from "Raining cats and dogs" to "toad strangler", one of my favorite NCP-realted phrases (well, that and turd floater, but I don't think they'd print that one. Hearing the weather band voice say "turd floater" would cause some accidental beverage through the nose reactions, though...)

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
So whos going to blow off work tomorrow to go skiing??
I hope none of your bosses are reading this thread...

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
bvibert said:
So whos going to blow off work tomorrow to go skiing??
I hope none of your bosses are reading this thread...

Actually I gave one of my bosses a ride in today. We were talking about the upcoming snow and he said "So you'll be calling in sick for work tomorrow huh?"... :D I need to save my vacation days though... :(

ctenidae

THIS IS TENDING TO LOOK TO BE MORE OF A MINOR
COASTAL FLOODING EVENT. JURY STILL OUT AND SO THE WATCH CONTINUES.

Heh.

chocolateSkiBunny

Website
www.rocknation.tv
They're closing my office now (Morris country, NJ 3:30PM Eastern). You should see all doom and gloom around here, and on the inside, I'm bouncing off the walls! Mountain Creek or Hunter Mountain, HERE I COME!!! :D

thetrailboss

Staff member
chocolateSkiBunny said:
They're closing my office now (Morris country, NJ 3:30PM Eastern). You should see all doom and gloom around here, and on the inside, I'm bouncing off the walls! Mountain Creek or Hunter Mountain, HERE I COME!!! :D

Regardless of what y'all are doing tomorrow, be careful on the roads...remember that is why school, work, etc is canceled so don't drive too fast to the mtns and get in a crash. :roll: :wink:

Went up last week during the President's Day storm and though I'm used to winter driving from growing up in VT, there are others who aren't and could hit you. Besides this, driving in the stuff is not fun :x

dmc

Good advice... Be carefull...
Dont drive to work!!!

I only have a few minute walk to the ski area...
But I drive on POW days so the plow guy can get to the driveway...

Greg

Staff member
It's been snowing here in Northwest CT for just over 2 hours and we have a solid 2-3" already!

foamythesquirrel

Greg said:
It's been snowing here in Northwest CT for just over 2 hours and we have a solid 2-3" already!

I can tell that it's been snowing if the dog comes in with a blanket of snow on his back... But this sounds like very good news for two reasons. One reason being very obvious on a skiing messageboard, the other being a school cancellation. I have beliefs that no one on the Board of Education skis......

smootharc

My six year old will wake up tomorrow to learn a valuable lesson...

.....that daddy's can cancel school and work on big powder days, regardless of what the radio says. His SAT scores in 2015 will take a hit, but he'll be a better rounded, better adjusted human being.

:lol: :dunce:

Just like his daddy.....

chocolateSkiBunny

Website
www.rocknation.tv
The NYC area report says that the storm's tracking farther east and accumulations have been reduced from 6-10 to 4-8 inches. Hope that's not bad news for those north of me!

Lostone

I think I'm going to do the long walk tomorrow.

I could wait until the lifts open and ski down to the baby lift, but it is a slow lift.

I could wait until the lifts open and hike over to the Gatehouse lift. It is a high speed quad. But those trails are usually groomed in the early morning, and there is seldom powdah there.

I think I'm going to do the long walk to Super Bravo. It is the high speed quad that services most of the powdah.

I think I'm going to do the long walk tomorrow. :wink: :)

ChileMass

Only 6-7" on the ground here in eastern Worcester County. Bummer......

What are the reports from up in ski country?

Big Game

Just talked to my bro in Rutland....snow didn't start until 3 am or so....so far 6 inches light and fluffy at Route 7 in Rutland...which means probably 8 or 9 up at K, Bush...snow still going strong...looks like it will probably will turn out to be 12-14 inches in the the hills.