• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 7/1/08

Greg

Staff member
Happy July! Met up with Brian and Jeff for another RAW at Nass. We somehow stuck pretty close to the [post="280642"]plan[/post] this time with the only variation being a little jog on the SE corner of that loop. I think that little improv actually improved the ride. We logged 5.9 miles starting in the twisties north of Scoville, crossing Scoville and south and east into the sessions area, across 69 and up to the cemetery twisties. About 80% singletrack. It was wet though so that made it especially challenging. Thunder rumbling in the distance much of the ride which added to the ambience... ;) No rain until the last 15 minutes of the ride and that was light and brief. Getting the hang of this place and now have two good loops in the brain. Good riding with you guys as always. Nice pace tonight! Everyone was killing it.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't know about you two, but this morning I am feeling beat and sore from last nights ride.

I've pretty much been sore at some level everyday for the last few weeks, so it's kinda hard to tell the difference. ;)

Greg

Staff member
I've pretty much been sore at some level everyday for the last few weeks, so it's kinda hard to tell the difference. ;)

Yeah, really. Not overly sore, but I'm pretty zoned out today. Slept like a log last night.

bvibert

Staff member
At least my lower back hasn't been as sore this year as it was last year. I'm attributing that, at least partially, to having FS this year.

Greg

Staff member
At least my lower back hasn't been as sore this year as it was last year. I'm attributing that, at least partially, to having FS this year.

Might be that you have your seat height dialed in too. I had my seat way too high on my first few rides and I was bent too far over which bugged my lower back.

bvibert

Staff member
Ideally your seat height should be determined by you leg length. If you're leaning over too much with it set at the proper height for your legs then it might be a good idea to change your stem to raise the bars up. Of course, if you can be comfortable by simply lowering the seat then I guess that's alright too. ;)

That said the geometry on the FS seems to be a bit more upright, or at least less stretched out than my HT was, so that's definitely a factor. I wanted to raise the bars more on the HT, but I already had a stem with a pretty good rise to it on there, I think my only option would have been to get bars with even more of a rise to them.

MR. evil

Ideally your seat height should be determined by you leg length. If you're leaning over too much with it set at the proper height for your legs then it might be a good idea to change your stem to raise the bars up. Of course, if you can be comfortable by simply lowering the seat then I guess that's alright too. ;).

To add to what Brian wrote. If your seat height is set properly and you are leaned over too much that is a sign your bike is not a good fit for you. You should look into bikes with shorter top tube lenghts. There is really only so much you can do playing with the stem and bars. A shorter stem with more rise along with a riser bar will help, but won't make a huge difference. Those are adjustmenys you do to tweak out a good fitting bike to make it perfect.

bvibert

Staff member
To add to what Brian wrote. If your seat height is set properly and you are leaned over too much that is a sign your bike is not a good fit for you. You should look into bikes with shorter top tube lenghts. There is really only so much you can do playing with the stem and bars. A shorter stem with more rise along with a riser bar will help, but won't make a huge difference. Those are adjustmenys you do to tweak out a good fitting bike to make it perfect.

You're right. I just don't want to admit that my 23" HT may be too big for me... ;)

powhunter

nice you guys got out and got it!!!! Cant wait for the next ride...

BREAKING NEWS

jonnypoach got a FS bike...thats all the details i have right now....more when I hear more

steve

o3jeff

:eek: Did he get it from the same 'source' as his last bike??

I didn't notice any FS when I was at the "location" Saturday, but i do have pics of what was there on my cell phone that i meant to post here so I will review then to double check.

MR. evil

nice you guys got out and got it!!!! Cant wait for the next ride...

BREAKING NEWS

jonnypoach got a FS bike...thats all the details i have right now....more when I hear more

steve

:-o I can't wait to see this thing

Greg

Staff member
BREAKING NEWS

I have more information. JP sent me a pic:

06_CX24V450_orange.jpg

Radical!