• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free Vinyl

Dr Skimeister

If anyone listens to vinyl, I've just culled 66 LPs from my collection that I'll give away. Most of it is vintage 70s and 80s. Some may not have been played in 10+ years, so I can't vouch for sound quality anymore. I'll forward a list to anyone who's interested.

dmc

If anyone listens to vinyl, I've just culled 66 LPs from my collection that I'll give away. Most of it is vintage 70s and 80s. Some may not have been played in 10+ years, so I can't vouch for sound quality anymore. I'll forward a list to anyone who's interested.

Make sure you open the PinkFloyd and Amborsia fold outs...
You never know what you'll find after 20 years... I found three roaches in my Dark Side Of The Moon album... Man we had some crap in the 80's....

I still have a turntable on my stereo.. But some LPs I donate to DJs I know... DJs that stil spin LPs...

Moe Ghoul

I can't seem to part with any LP's. In fact, I've added to the collection thru yard sales over the past few years. Picked up collections of 78's, 45's, but I'm pretty much outta room at this point. Besides, there's prolly a decent amount of duplication based on the few names you mentioned.

dmc

Mostly "classic rock"...Springsteen, Dylan, Who...that's long since been replaced by CDs.

i actually have an great collection of Who original Albums... Like "Live at Leeds" as a foldout with all the stuff inside... Foldout Quardrophenia with booklets.. At least 2 triple fold out "Tommy"s.. "Odds and Sods" original.. etc...

Also have a lot of original Stones albums... "Sticky Fingers" with the zipper... Original "Some Girls" before they replaced all the stars with stones...

Stuff is classic.. I couldn't think of parting with the original packaging LPs...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I love the old vinyl. I can't part with mine either. But they might have melted already in the attic or whereever they are! :)

I was talking to a DJ at a party the other weekend, and he was "spinning" digitally... Quite a cool setup.

Dr Skimeister

You never know what you'll find after 20 years... I found three roaches in my Dark Side Of The Moon album... Man we had some crap in the 80's....

I still have a turntable on my stereo.. But some LPs I donate to DJs I know... DJs that stil spin LPs...

Funny you say that....I did open several of the dual-fold albums last night, curious about what *might* be in the seams. Oh so scant residue in some, but still quite aromatic. :)

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I love the old vinyl. I can't part with mine either. But they might have melted already in the attic or whereever they are! :)

I was talking to a DJ at a party the other weekend, and he was "spinning" digitally... Quite a cool setup.

the idustrry standard is a product call scratch live made by serato and distributed by rane. i pretty much install it at every venue we do. i use a competting product called traktor scratch which has a higher quality sound sound card.

i used to carry 4 cases of records to gigs now i just bring my lappy and small external drive. my back is loving it.

ski9

Dark Side vinyl goes for $30 on EBay....without the roaches...but keep in mind, DMC, that THC degrades naturally (unless you store your LP's in the freezer)...eh, hypothetically speaking, of course.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Funny you say that....I did open several of the dual-fold albums last night, curious about what *might* be in the seams. Oh so scant residue in some, but still quite aromatic. :)

zig-zag.jpg

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com

Okay a list of things to never give away:

Old skis that you loved.
Concert ticket stubs.
Your old vinyl (though you can get rid of any Huey Lewis and Best of Bread without penalty)

Moe Ghoul

Okay a list of things to never give away:

Old skis that you loved.
Concert ticket stubs.
Your old vinyl (though you can get rid of any Huey Lewis and Best of Bread without penalty)

Huey yes, Bread, no. An all time great pantie remover like that deserves shelf space and a home in its old age.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
the idustrry standard is a product call scratch live made by serato and distributed by rane. i pretty much install it at every venue we do. i use a competting product called traktor scratch which has a higher quality sound sound card.

i used to carry 4 cases of records to gigs now i just bring my lappy and small external drive. my back is loving it.

yes I think Scratch was what the dj had at that party. Really cool stuff.

madskier6

I'm always interested in old vinyl. I have over 400 vinyl albums & a functioning turntable so I spin vinyl fairly regularly. Dr Skimeister we should talk, although I probably have a lot of what you're looking to unload. Nevertheless, I'm interested.

For those of you who are interested & have old equipment but need a new needle, check out Needledoctor.com to make your old equipment functional.

http://www.needledoctor.com/

ERJ-145CA

I can't part with any of my LP's either. I still have a working turntable with a fairly new cartridge and vinyl sounds really good still when I listen to it. CD's are much more convenient so I don't listen to the records too often.

Moe Ghoul

I'm always interested in old vinyl. I have over 400 vinyl albums & a functioning turntable so I spin vinyl fairly regularly. Dr Skimeister we should talk, although I probably have a lot of what you're looking to unload. Nevertheless, I'm interested.

For those of you who are interested & have old equipment but need a new needle, check out Needledoctor.com to make your old equipment functional.

http://www.needledoctor.com/

Thanks for the link, I have a Girard turntable I picked up used for a $1 that works great, even plays 78's, but prolly needs a new needle.