• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

4th of July weekend plans?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just got done packing up my gear as the fireworks started going off. The definition of a crazy man just may be pulling golf clubs out of the trunk and replacing them with skis while listening to the boom of July 4th fireworks. I would hesitate to call that patriotic though... just another day on skis.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Just got done packing up my gear as the fireworks started going off. The definition of a crazy man just may be pulling golf clubs out of the trunk and replacing them with skis while listening to the boom of July 4th fireworks. I would hesitate to call that patriotic though... just another day on skis.

Pics please! A vid is probably asking too much but you used to do some awesome vids of your trips

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Pics please! A vid is probably asking too much but you used to do some awesome vids of your trips
Hopefully will have some pics up later tonight. Bumped into rocket21 and he shot some video I believe, so hopefully we'll have some moving pictures as well. My video making stopped when my camcorder died after only two seasons. Bummer as I really didn't get my money out of the thing and was just starting to get the hang of editing good videos. Any ways, I got six laps on some of the best end of season conditions I have seen since I started doing the end of season suffer fest four years ago. Still will be plenty there next weekend and perhaps the weekend after that for those inclined.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
150' maybe? Longer than usual because you could still ski over the arch. Turns depended upon if you milked em' or not. I wasn't counting but 15-20 turns per run sounds about right.

Greg

Staff member
Went cooler camping with the family in SoVT. Weather was okay, kinda gloomy, but no real heavy rain. Friday was actually dry all day and a very nice day. We rented a pop-up camper so that was interesting. The kids loved that.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Thanks Steve :thumbs up:

This past weekend at the Bush the weather couldn't have been more perfect which resulted a huge crowd staying and visiting the Bush over the weekend. Has to be the busiest the Bush has ever been for 4th of July weekend. We were cranking on all cylinders...downhill lift served mountain biking, kid's programs, the zipline, the two disc golf courses, the other golf course :wink: the adventure gear shop, Timbers.....

It was abit crazy for us at times something which is still pretty new at the Bush.but there were alot of people having a great time which made it a fun time for everyone.

krisskis

I swear my liver is still revolting from July 4th!! Its getting harder to keep up with the youngins!! 17 hours of partying and dancing on Fire Island is hard on this 41 yr old!!

drjeff

I can sum up my 4th of July vacation week in the following manner. Over 2 cases of beer consumed in 4 different states :beer: :beer: The rest was just trivial and/or I can't remember ;)