• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Antique Woodies

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
After a nice day of 'whacking, I stopped by a "Barn Sale" in Wentworth NH today. I must say if you are in the market for antique woodie skis with beartrap bindings, this is the motherlode. There must have been 30 pair. Some were works of art, some were pretty beat, one had label of a ski shop in Boston. Most of them are about 7' in length. The woman scours New England tag sales, consolidates and ships them off to the Western US (in a few weeks) when the market for them is hot. The price stickers averaged aroud $100.

Last edited:

Trekchick

Did they have any from the Tenth Mounted Division?

I happen to own the pair of skis that belonged to my Great Great Uncle Gunner.
There were no poles with them when I got them, so my dad proceeded to look for poles. Turns out he picked up a set of poles from the Tenth Mounted Division.
Poles
s830505017_1235055_7178.jpg

Skis

n830505017_1235056_7426.jpg

Pretty cool stuff!

madskier6

Did they have any from the Tenth Mounted Division?

I happen to own the pair of skis that belonged to my Great Great Uncle Gunner.
There were no poles with them when I got them, so my dad proceeded to look for poles. Turns out he picked up a set of poles from the Tenth Mounted Division.

I always thought it was called the Tenth Mountain Division. They were on skis not on horses so I don't know how they could be called "mounted". :wink: I guess we know what's on Trekchick's mind. :wink: :lol:

Sorry. I just couldn't resist that one. :smile:

Trekchick

I always thought it was called the Tenth Mountain Division. They were on skis not on horses so I don't know how they could be called "mounted". :wink: I guess we know what's on Trekchick's mind. :wink: :lol:

Sorry. I just couldn't resist that one. :smile:
You are soooooooo right.
Just so happens, I'm under the influence of pain meds. All kinds of things are on my mind ;)

wa-loaf

Wooden skis are going to have to wait until I can afford a ski chalet.

Teckchick, do you think your gramps would appreciate the nice ribbon you have tied around his skis? :p

Trekchick

Wooden skis are going to have to wait until I can afford a ski chalet.

Teckchick, do you think your gramps would appreciate the nice ribbon you have tied around his skis? :p
Great Great uncle Gunner would love the idea that my dad saw fit to pass his old skis down to someone in the family for Christmas.
Here is a close up of the tag.
500x500_5_0_0.jpg

wa-loaf

Great Great uncle Gunner would love the idea that my dad saw fit to pass his old skis down to someone in the family for Christmas.
Here is a close up of the tag.
500x500_5_0_0.jpg

Yes, it's very cool. I'm just teasing about the ribbon. ;-)