New Ride

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ride

New Ride

Just picked up this morning, 2007 leftover Cannondale Rush 5. I know I am suppose to have made a "Help me find a bike" with all the valuable info that comes out of those threads Can't wait to take it out on a ride now.

Attachment 1547

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Just picked up this morning, 2007 leftover Cannondale Rush 5. I know I am suppose to have made a "Help me find a bike" with all the valuable info that comes out of those threads Can't wait to take it out on a ride now.

Attachment 1547
    SWEET!

was it spec'd out like the web site said? First thing you need to do it remove those reflectors. Did you get a bashguard? what about a shock pump?

I noticed that and just removed the reflectors, too lazy to retake pics. The only spec difference is that they have the mechanical disc brakes. No bash guard but did get a shock pump from them.

Again thanks a lot for your assistance.

I noticed that and just removed the reflectors, too lazy to retake pics. The only spec difference is that they have the mechanical disc brakes. No bash guard but did get a shock pump from them.

Again thanks a lot for your assistance.
    my please to help Now go out and get your self a bashguard for that thing.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...hp?category=58

Like I said before, many of my riding buddies prefer mech disk brakes over hydro. They are easier to maintain, cheaper, and actually have more stopping power in most cases. Hydro have better modulation.

Did the bike shop set up the suspension correctly for your weight? If not you should play around with that today. read the front and rear shock manuels and see what pressure & sag they recomend for your weight. This is ussually a good starting point, and you can tweak things out as you ride more and get a feel for the bike. Even if the shop did set it up for you rear the manuals and double check the pressure in the fork and shocks. Most bike shops don't do a very good job setting those things up.

They set it up the other day when I was there. I will use it as a starting point and then fine tune from ther.

Did you ever hear of Wellgo pedals? They are SPD compatible, but the clips are backwards(have to flip the clip on the shoe around) and have to clip in kicking backwards. Eff that, will put on my other pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    my please to help Now go out and get your self a bashguard for that thing.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...hp?category=58
    Whats the difference between the $20 ones and the $60? Worth the extra $$?

They set it up the other day when I was there. I will use it as a starting point and then fine tune from ther.

Did you ever hear of Wellgo pedals? They are SPD compatible, but the clips are backwards(have to flip the clip on the shoe around) and have to clip in kicking backwards. Eff that, will put on my other pedals.

Still double check the pressure per the instructions. and swap out your old pedals.

Whats the difference between the $20 ones and the $60? Worth the extra $$?
    probablt just weight. This is what I have and I love it. You just need to make sire it will fit you cranks. The best way is to order over the phone and ask them. Be sure to know what cranks you have.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/112...-Bashguard.htm

What happens if I forget I have a bash guard and I go to shit into the big gear? Chain fall off? or is the guard fairly tight to the sprocket.

Thread Information