• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hart F17 listed on al's ski barn web site

deadheadskier

Staff member
Golf and Ski is where I plan on heading to check them out.....right near my house. well, 8 miles, but that's NH for ya :lol:

Trekchick

Deadheadskier, if you have a wider forefoot, slimming to a narrow-ish heel, the Krypton is probably, sadly, not the right boot for you.
The Dalbello line has other boots with a higher volume that will likely fit your foot, but the Krypton tends to be narrow in the forefoot.
A for instance:
My husband wears a 9 1/2 B work boot. He is in the Krypton Il'Moro.
When he spent time with the boot fitter, the forefoot was perfect, maybe even a bit snug, but the heel needed some significant padding. This fitter, as well as the fitter I went to when I had mine fitted, explained that it was common for the Krypton line to be low volume in the forefoot, and narrow to medium volume in the heel.
I have an extremely narrow foot (7 1/2 N), and the Krypton Storm fits me perfect without alterations, just needed to have the intuition liner heated and molded to my feet.

*I don't claim to know all about boots, but I know Dalbello, and specifically Krypton extremely well.

SkiDork

Deadheadskier, if you have a wider forefoot, slimming to a narrow-ish heel, the Krypton is probably, sadly, not the right boot for you.
The Dalbello line has other boots with a higher volume that will likely fit your foot, but the Krypton tends to be narrow in the forefoot.
A for instance:
My husband wears a 9 1/2 B work boot. He is in the Krypton Il'Moro.
When he spent time with the boot fitter, the forefoot was perfect, maybe even a bit snug, but the heel needed some significant padding. This fitter, as well as the fitter I went to when I had mine fitted, explained that it was common for the Krypton line to be low volume in the forefoot, and narrow to medium volume in the heel.
I have an extremely narrow foot (7 1/2 N), and the Krypton Storm fits me perfect without alterations, just needed to have the intuition liner heated and molded to my feet.

*I don't claim to know all about boots, but I know Dalbello, and specifically Krypton extremely well.

Trekchick - for Iceman, who has outgrown his current boots, narrow foot (size 7-1/2) 11 year old kid 76 lbs 4'11" B competitor. Any input on a Dalbello Krypton model we should be looking for?

We usually get his new boots at the swap (Killington) each year, usually find a decent pair for under $50. Prolly won't find something like that though. But I'm def gonna be looking for something he can flex more, this past season he had Lange race boot, prolly not the best for a kid bumper...

jack97

That always seems to be my biggest issue as around the toe area my feet are a tad wide, then they taper back to narrow at the ankle, so it's always been a challenge finding a good fit there.

Golf and Ski is where I plan on heading to check them out.....right near my house. well, 8 miles, but that's NH for ya :lol:

Keep these things in mind (pad stuff around the heel) when you try out the fit. One of the bumpers from BMM's forum turned us on to them.

http://tognar.com/boot_heater_warmer_fitting_dryer_canting_dryers_ski_snowboard.html

Trekchick

IIRC the Krypton is not made in an mens adult boot size smaller than 24. If my memory serves, a 7 1/2 is something like a 25/25.5.
Depending on how well he can flex a boot(11 is a tough age group to guess), he may really like the rampage, which is a park boot, or a cross which is the basic Krypton. The Pro and Ilmoro would likely be a lot more boot that he would want or use. I[hart] will correct me if I'm wrong. I can always count on that ;)
The Rampage can be found for a bargain in a lot of different locations. This deal on REI is really good http://www.rei.com/product/759206?c...-AC4E-DD11-98CA-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

SkiDork

thanks. The rampage looks like a winner. Might not want to go for a new boot, seeing as how he outgrows it every year. But I'll keep my eye out for them.

Trekchick

thanks. The rampage looks like a winner. Might not want to go for a new boot, seeing as how he outgrows it every year. But I'll keep my eye out for them.
The good news is that he's teetering on the edge of a 25-25.5, and they are the same shell with different liners. That may be a good boot for a couple years, depending on growth.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I Hart....so sorry to totally hijack your thread, especially after admitting there's no way I'd pay anywhere north of $400 flat for your skis :oops:

BUT.....back to the Krypton :lol:

I just tried on the Rampage in my size as they didn't have the Krypton Pro. The fit was excellent, but it was clear the boot wasn't the right choice for me. Even cranked, my 200 pounds was over flexing these boots and I need something a bit stiffer....my words and the boot fitters words after discussing the terrain I ski.

I may look for online deals on Kryptons, but my question for those who are familiar is how similar can I expect the overall general fit of the Krypton to be in comparison with the Rampage? I recognize that the liner is heat customizable for the Krytpon, so I will be able to change it to a degree. My question is more the overall volume and inside dimensions. Pretty close?

Trekchick

I [Hart] is more knowledgable about Kryptons than I am, but I believe the Rampage and Pro are from the same last, but have different tweeks to make the pro stiffer.
You'll soon find out that he doesn't get upset with hijacks as long as you're talking gear.

I Hart....so sorry to totally hijack your thread, especially after admitting there's no way I'd pay anywhere north of $400 flat for your skis :oops:

BUT.....back to the Krypton :lol:

I just tried on the Rampage in my size as they didn't have the Krypton Pro. The fit was excellent, but it was clear the boot wasn't the right choice for me. Even cranked, my 200 pounds was over flexing these boots and I need something a bit stiffer....my words and the boot fitters words after discussing the terrain I ski.

I may look for online deals on Kryptons, but my question for those who are familiar is how similar can I expect the overall general fit of the Krypton to be in comparison with the Rampage? I recognize that the liner is heat customizable for the Krytpon, so I will be able to change it to a degree. My question is more the overall volume and inside dimensions. Pretty close?

jack97

Hey! This was my post and I grant thou permission to hijack.

The boot fitter over at ski haus said they are the same volume. If you take a look at the specs, the rampage's shell is made up of a different material than the cross and pros but they look like the same design, the tongue on the rampage is the softer version tongue of the pro. I have both the cross and rampage, they both have the same fit. I would bet the farm the pros are the same.

btw, I'm glad you tried it and found it to be an excellent fit, the next part is finding the deal.

deadheadskier

Staff member
btw, I'm glad you tried it and found it to be an excellent fit, the next part is finding the deal.

Well this means I need to get bedroom furniture shopping and quick. :lol: The faster I appease the lady with what she desires, the quicker I can get the new boots without her getting cranky :lol:

Trekchick

Well this means I need to get bedroom furniture shopping and quick. :lol: The faster I appease the lady with what she desires, the quicker I can get the new boots without her getting cranky :lol:
nonono2.gif

To think that my husband came home to find that I bought him the Il'Moro's and new skis, to add to his quiver before forcing him to go to Arapahoe Basin.
My husband's life clearly sux compared to yours.

deadheadskier

Staff member
nonono2.gif

To think that my husband came home to find that I bought him the Il'Moro's and new skis, to add to his quiver before forcing him to go to Arapahoe Basin.
My husband's life clearly sux compared to yours.

I think you need to be pen pals with my fiance :lol:

Philpug

having been in Kryptons for the past 4 years or so and having had every variation inc IL Moro's...I would never go back to a Flexon. I skied my old Flexons once after having Kryptons and they just felt dead.

deadheadskier

Staff member
having been in Kryptons for the past 4 years or so and having had every variation inc IL Moro's...I would never go back to a Flexon. I skied my old Flexons once after having Kryptons and they just felt dead.

care to comment on my question concerning overall fit variations between the Rampage and Krypton? I tried the Rampage today and it fit GREAT, but definitely too soft of a boot for me. I'm thinking about ordering a Krypton blind over the internet in the same size, which is a tad scary. Never ordered boots online before, but if I have confidence that the Krypton will fit the same as the Rampage, I'll go for it....

Philpug

They are the same shells. The liner is where they differ.

Don't let the soft flex detour you. The boot is fairly soft in a forward flex, but the lateral rigidity is where Kryptons excel.

jack97

dhs

If it means anything, Evan was on the pros. He is 6 feet plus and when he was competing, he weighed 188. The pros comes with more tweaks to make it stiff or as soft as the rampage. Heck, it even has a shim to limit the forward flex you get, imo defeats the purpose.... i chuck that out long ago.

BTW, Evan comped in the langes, I got the impression he would have changed over in heartbeat if the kryptons were around.

Last edited: