• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hart F17 listed on al's ski barn web site

deadheadskier

Staff member
They are the same shells. The liner is where they differ.

Don't let the soft flex detour you. The boot is fairly soft in a forward flex, but the lateral rigidity is where Kryptons excel.

I'd rather err on the side of stiffness than the opposite. It would be one thing if I spent 75% plus of my day in bumps these days like I once did, but I don't. I'm more an all mountain skier these days and like a certain degree of stiffness to rail turns on groomers when I'm skiing them.

I had the Rampage cranked to the 110 limit and I was bending them over way more than I'm comfortable with. I'm a pretty stout guy though at 5'-8" and 205lbs. Okay I'm a bit fat :lol: My understanding is that the Krypton's lightest setting is 110 and the max is 140? I think that range fits me much better than the Rampage's 80-110

deadheadskier

Staff member
finger is itchy on a pair for $412 from backcountryoutlet.com

best deal I've seen so far, most are selling in the $450 -$500 range. I'd like to land the $290 Jack got, but not looking all that promising....

Philpug

best deal I've seen so far, most are selling in the $450 -$500 range. I'd like to land the $290 Jack got, but not looking all that promising....

If they aren't that much more local, I would explore those options. This way you can go back and get fitting done.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If they aren't that much more local, I would explore those options. This way you can go back and get fitting done.

I would normally consider this, but nothing local has my size

kind of a gamble, but the Rampages I tried on fit like slippers...so I think it's a fairly safe gamble. Plus I asked the store how much they would charge me for putting the liners on the heat mold machine and it was only $10 even though I wouldn't have bought the boots there.

jack97

Hey Bro

Couple of caveats..... but first I have lay out the personnel stuff, i'm 5',7", 145-150. I stay in the bumps all day. (And I like long walks on the beach with the special someone :) )

IMO, couple of factors worked to my favor on that deal; it was truly the end of the season and most dealers wanted to liquidate their inventory. Second, Rampages suffer from the "stiff is better" syndrome; meaning all the studs out there want the stiffest boots and skis. Or if your skiing something soft then you're not a good skier.

For someone who wants to ski all mtn, best thing about the pros is that it can change from a stiff boot to a soft boot. Might be best to wait some more. Given the ego factor out there the Rampage will still be out there. BTW, the moros are the stiffer version of a park boot, I think Dalbello was pushing that aggressively last year and this coming season, well at least the local ski shop was saying they will stock plenty of them.

Me, given my wieght/heigth and terrain pref, Rampages seems like the right choice.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member

Trigger PULLED!!!!

Just got a coupon for 50% off via email for backcountryoutlet.com. Brought the price down to $375 with free shipping

psyched!!