• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hart F17 listed on al's ski barn web site

jack97

Quite a sidecut for a mogul ski, isn't it? That's the same sidecut I had on my Rossi 177's I bought in 2001.

Exactly. F17 geometry is similar to the gs or sl skis of the around that time. I have a k2 axis xr 106 64 95, that ski can hold on ice, quick on turns... lousy on crud.... sounds familiar.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, come to think of it, same sidecut on my P50's from... whenever, '04 I think.

Those were 104 - 67... something else.

SkiDork

th sidecut is what everyone has noticed about that ski - it sounds counter-intuitive for a mogul ski. But apparently everyone who tries them (including Mike Morse who won the US Nationals) thinks they're the shnizzle.

drjeff

th sidecut is what everyone has noticed about that ski - it sounds counter-intuitive for a mogul ski. But apparently everyone who tries them (including Mike Morse who won the US Nationals) thinks they're the shnizzle.

Didn't a good chunk of us laugh at "shaped" skis about a decade or so ago too?? ;)

Greg

Staff member
Anyone over 21 should really try to refrain from using terms like "shnizzle". ;)

I have to imagine there's more to this ski than sidecut. Tails are probably softer than your typical ski. I'm sure I [HART} will chime in here too. In any event I hope to try them this season.

Trekchick

Sidecut is mosdef not the only thing different about these skis.
I demoed them on a day when I had beaten myself up and didn't figure I had another run in me. The F17's were so much fun I got more than one run and was grinning the whole time.
Review here

I understand that I[hart] and Chuck Martin had a nice discussion at Whistler. Maybe some insight is heading our way.

Philpug

Didn't a good chunk of us laugh at "shaped" skis about a decade or so ago too?? ;)
EXACTLY.

Anyone over 21 should really try to refrain from using terms like "shnizzle". ;)

I have to imagine there's more to this ski than sidecut. Tails are probably softer than your typical ski. I'm sure I [HART} will chime in here too. In any event I hope to try them this season.

Mogul skiing is evolving as we type. These competitors are skiing at speeds that mortal bump skis cannot hold up at. The shape and construction of the F17 is for mogul skiers who ski bumps, not slap them.

I will also add that we are aware that we have one of the most if not THE most expensive bump ski out there. We also know that this ski is on par with any top of the line, hand built race ski on the market. It is expensive, but it is also very well worth it.

Last edited:

mondeo

Deneen could crush me using Atomic GS skis. The argument they're good for top level bump skiers doesn't really hold for me. I need a ski that's good for me.

And when I can get three and half pairs of Cabrawlers for one pair of F17s, the durability argument doesn't hold up either.

Just don't tell the rep I try to demo them from that I think that way, though...

Crap. I think he heard me...