• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

Terry

My doctor said the surgery went well. He also said the nerve that was being pinched was more compressed than he expected. He told me that I would be on the longer end of the recovery period but that I should be playing golf in 12-14 weeks and that I should be close to 100% by January.

I’m stuck in bed for the next 3 weeks but my ski jones jumped from a 1 to a 5 after hearing I would be good to go for skiing this upcoming season. :spread::daffy::spread::daffy::spread::daffy:

Thats great news. I was wondering how you were doing. Is that a permanent fix? I am feeling 60-70% better since my injection. They are going to schedule another one soon.

downhill04

Thats great news. I was wondering how you were doing. Is that a permanent fix? I am feeling 60-70% better since my injection. They are going to schedule another one soon.

Hopefully it is a permanent fix. From the research I have done some people it is a permanent fix and for others they may require a second surgery 10 years down the road. Good luck with the injection. I hope you have better luck with it than I did.

MRGisevil

My ski jones was at zero and then we got a flyer in the mail from our ski club today announcing a whistler trip for 1600/person. Now it is at 11.

Greg

Staff member
I was doing fine until I read [post="286991"]this[/post]. Now my ski jones has suddenly spiked to 100 or so. :lol:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I've been stoked pretty bad lately. After the 4th, the jones starts to come back pretty strong. And just think, probably less than a month now until the 1st issues of the new year's ski mags start to come out. Buyer's guide and all!

I've been stoked pretty bad lately. After the 4th, the jones starts to come back pretty strong. And just think, probably less than a month now until the 1st issues of the new year's ski mags start to come out. Buyer's guide and all!

Good point it's usually around August 8th when Ski and Skiing come out..

bvibert

Staff member
I was doing fine until I read [post="286991"]this[/post]. Now my ski jones has suddenly spiked to 100 or so. :lol:

Yeah, thanks for that. I'm having trouble keeping it subdued as well.. I'm still not doing too bad though, 4 or 5 I guess I'd put it at.

WJenness

I'm chomping at the bit pretty good right now.

I've spent a lot of time on this site in the past couple weeks... I was talking to one of my ski buddies the other day and she was saying that she had been thinking about it recently too... It's turning into a long summer for me.

I hope SR has skiing on Halloween again... I'll be there.

-w

Moe Ghoul

Ski Jones is elevated. I'm loading up the current email from the ski club listing all the trips. Shwing!

KOPSC week-long ski trips are limited to
Taos, New Mexico; Vail, Colorado;
Banff/Lake Louise, Winter Park, Colorado
and Snowbasin and Powder Mountain, Utah

Not too shabby a selection.

snoseek

It's getting real bad now. I like summer but it's been +- 95 degrees for many many days now. Sunday hit 102, that's too hot for me to run or bike after work. I'm ready for fall now!

Moe Ghoul

I'm crossing off the Banff/Lake Louise trip. It's split up at 2 hotels which is unsteezy. I like to unpack and pack once. and that means at least a half day or more downtime bussing to another location. No thanks, looks like Bavaria/Tirol early feb and Taos late feb. This calls for some smallness and quality tune selection, tout suite :)

Last edited:

SnowRider

Its hard for me because once the season starts it means im back in school and off of my 2month vacion :razz: But really in at like an 7. Now that all my lacrosse tournaments are over its all i really think about.

Greg

Staff member
Back down to the 2 or 3 range.

Phillycore

I'm about an 8 right now..... bummed

being out on disability isn't helping matters that's for sure...