• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

powderman

Jumped to an 8, getting a new and better home mountain and for the first time ever, I'm going out west

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Up to an 8 . . .

When Ski and Skiing magazines arrive, triggering a viewing of my ski movie collection, it will be up to a 9, then it will go to a 10 as I prepare my materials for the first day (sometime in november)

Sky

Oddly enough...my "jones" is showing. It's this cooler weather, the first color in the leaves...and I don't know what else. But I'm "feeling" it all of a sudden.

It could be the desire to get through this next month's worth of work and hopefully be able to finally take some time off. My ski seasons have been pimped with work after work. Really anticipating getting out more this season. So maybe that's fueling the fire.

chase

I"m at 7ish now but when i get my hands on a new ski rag in a few days i'll be at 10

Jumped to an 8, getting a new and better home mountain and for the first time ever, I'm going out west

cool, where are you going?

Geoff

I'll be making turns in 11 days. I ran up to Vermont yesterday to grab my winter gear. I'm already 75% packed. My Jones meter is pegged at the moment.

Phillycore

After watching all the meathead films dvd 4 pack and all the bonus features in 2 days and word that the first issues of the ski mags are getting ready to hit the mail..... not to mention that my marker griffons should be in any day now...and the weathers colder...

I WANT TO F'N SKI NOW!!!

I'd say I'm about a 9.7 at the moment.... getting ready to sleep in my boots!!

Greg

Staff member
I'm definitely creeping up to the 5-6 territory. It's starting to feel close, yet it's still pretty far away. Doing way better than I usually do this time of year.

chase

If a non-skier read this thread they would probably think "ski" is a code name for some illegal drug...

snoseek

Did a little hike this morning and could see a heavy dusting on some of the higher peaks. I've been running alot to curb the jones but it's not working so good.

WJenness

The Jones has ebbed just a bit for me as I'm having a blast watching the Olympics right now. Mainly the fencing, but other stuff also... probably a 3 or 4. It should shoot back up once the Olympics are done however.

-w

into full on jones now...powder buyers guide just showed up, work is being annoying, and I talked to someone who just got back from Chile...I'm trying to figure out if I can hit one of those water ramp sessions in Sept to quell the jones a bit...

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I put in a few meathead DVD's the last few days and looked at Gregs season vid that he made at the end of the season. That brought me up to a 6. I also started having dreams of skiing again. This nice weather makes it feel like Sep.

snowmonster

I was walking around the apartment in my ski boots last night...looking for hotspots. I think I'll pay the local ski store a visit tonight. They still have the bikes out but the skis are all in the back.

AdironRider

Just put on the new boots and bindings on my custum (dullest edges) and practices tail/nose presses and 180's on the living room carpet. Jones are through the roof.