• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
into full on jones now...powder buyers guide just showed up, work is being annoying, and I talked to someone who just got back from Chile...I'm trying to figure out if I can hit one of those water ramp sessions in Sept to quell the jones a bit...

Pretty low yet ----------------but new gear issue of skiing arrived today

Damn it!!!

Where are my issues of Powder and Skiing!?!??!!?

Skibum_dan

Damn it!!!

Where are my issues of Powder and Skiing!?!??!!?

I was just wondering yesterday, while staring at the same bathroom reading material from last season, when are this season's ski mags coming?!!?! ha.

I've got friends visiting this coming winter and Loveland starts snow making in a month...so I'm at about a 9 right now.

snowmonster

Just got back from the ski shop down the street. Spent an hour talking about gear with one of the techs there. He looked happy to see me. Late spring/summer lasted a while. Yep, jones is through the roof now!

ripzillia

I am so ready to ski..If it was ski season..I'd be skiing right now at Blue..with my PASR and AZ buddies..
Isn't that special. For an Internet Skier you can talk some smack.
icon12.gif

millerm277

My ski jones just skyrocketed, I finished making the new heels for my boots, and they fit perfectly, which means I can continue to use them for a few more years.

Sky

HEH! I was just thinking the opposite. Maybe that's becasue I didn't get out of bed till the sun was on the back deck.

It sure was chilly last night...I had temps in the 50's! Great for September....Craptastic for frickin August! Hey...every season unto itself. January Thaw? Unwelcome. Indian Summer?...well....I don't mind so much. Frost in late April?...C'mon, my garden is WORKIN here!

*end rant*

vcunning

My 9-year old son and I have been going into our basement, turning the air conditioning all the way up and playing the Nintendo WeSki (the game formerly known as WiiSkii). I gotta say, it's really getting us jazzed for the first snow. Although the game is not entirely accurate, there are 2 things we like about it:

1. You get a rhythm of doing turns down a slope.
2. We actually ride the chairlift together and talk. Just like the real thing. No kidding, the game allows you to be on a chairlift for 3 to 5 minutes and look at the sites.

My son has also committed to being on the first chair, the first day this year (we missed it my 4 knuckle draggers last year, but we beat them down the mountain as it took too long for them to get their boots into their boards!). Here's our 2007 attempt at the first chair:

1194699973camshot1.jpg

SkiJones Rating: 9.65 on a scale of 10. It will go above 12 if the end of October is relatively cool in Vermont!

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Still loving life on the mountain bike. I'm at a five.