• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am going to be one irritable B*TCH for a while..

krisskis

Well, i finally took the plunge. Smoked my last cig before bed last night and then slapped a nicotine patch on this morning. 18 hours and counting...

I wonder how long before i commit murder in my house....

Wish me luck!!

Warp Daddy

GOOD for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a Health care professional You KNOW the downside of smoking . You feel better , look better and you''l not have teh damn odor in your house on your clothes and in your vehicle and Thank of the $$$$$$$ you'll save to buy SKI CRAP WITH :D

Keep your focus --it is a bitch for awhile BUT Believe me teh rewards are there I quit a 2 pack a day habit also smoked a pipe and CIGARS Quit in 1975 and haven't been back

YOU GO GIRL

krisskis

GOOD for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a Health care professional You KNOW the downside of smoking . You feel better , look better and you''l not have teh damn odor in your house on your clothes and in your vehicle and Thank of the $$$$$$$ you'll save to buy SKI CRAP WITH :D

Keep your focus --it is a bitch for awhile BUT Believe me teh rewards are there I quit a 2 pack a day habit also smoked a pipe and CIGARS Quit in 1975 and haven't been back

YOU GO GIRL

I know, i know...nurses are the worst. All of my friends who are nurses smoke. Going to be hard when i hang out with them.

I dont smoke in my house or car...at least if the kids are with me. So thats a good thing about the odor. I am planning on putting the $7.00+ that i usually spend a day on cigs in a jar...so i can buy a nice little treat for me :)

drjeff

I've been smoke free for three years now, Good Luck!

Oh, I do now have an addiction to gum :)

I'd hope based on your recent weekend picking adventures that blueberries is also on your list of addictions! ;)

Warp Daddy

I know, i know...nurses are the worst. All of my friends who are nurses smoke.

TRUE DAT-- just kiddin nurses have my utmost respect and gratitude -- ONE BITCH of a Job having to deal with Monstrous egos -- my hats off to ya

Hang TUFF Kris --- U CAN DO THIS THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy gum :D-- rot your teeth and see DRJef :D:D-- who'll NO doubt give ya anAZ Discount --Right Doc ???????

Trekchick

Good luck and Kudos for a huge undertaking!

A tiny story about a friend who quit.
His wife told him he could afford to buy a new Dirtbike every year if he quit smoking.
He denied it, until she gave him the actual figures, considering 2 pack a day habit.
It figured out to be almost 4,000.00/year!!!
He quit cold turkey, bought a new bike and was a complete ass to live with for about 6 months.
Today, he can't stand smoke and can't believe he ever smoked.
Gotta love motivation from the pocket book and passion for a sport.

drjeff

I know, i know...nurses are the worst. All of my friends who are nurses smoke.

TRUE DAT-- just kiddin nurses have my utmost respect and gratitude -- ONE BITCH of a Job having to deal with Monstrous egos -- my hats off to ya

Hang TUFF Kris --- U CAN DO THIS THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy gum :D-- rot your teeth and see DRJef :D:D-- who'll NO doubt give ya anAZ Discount --Right Doc ???????

Ya find my office and I'll hook ya' up. Of course you'll have to deal with my excessive time out of the treatment room as I do my daily workday post whoring ;)

Moe Ghoul

Good luck, and if you stumble, get up and keep trying. It's a bitch, especially if you actually "enjoy" smoking the way I do. I was all set to try again this week and the best I could do is cut back. Spineless addict is what I am.

Warp Daddy

Good luck, and if you stumble, get up and keep trying. It's a bitch, especially if you actually "enjoy" smoking the way I do. I was all set to try again this week and the best I could do is cut back. Spineless addict is what I am.

You ARE NOT Spineless you are a MOGUL or Moe Ghoul a commodity tradin maven u CAN conquer this sumbitch - now go and Get Crackin Moester !!

krisskis

WAY TO GO!!!!!!! Any time you're feeling frustrated or wavering, just get on here and post. We'll support you!

:lol:

That i will!! Thanks guys!!

Im actually on the phone with a friend of mine...whos a nurse also and is presently smoking as we speak...bastard!!...anyway...he thinks the patches im using are too strong for me..i have been nauseous all day and feel like shit. I thinking of running out and getting a lower dose. But, now he wants to go clubbing tonight or tomorrow and im thinking it may not be a good idea to be around others who smoke and alcohol...i have crappy willpower!!

Moe Ghoul

That i will!! Thanks guys!!

Im actually on the phone with a friend of mine...whos a nurse also and is presently smoking as we speak...bastard!!...anyway...he thinks the patches im using are too strong for me..i have been nauseous all day and feel like shit. I thinking of running out and getting a lower dose. But, now he wants to go clubbing tonight or tomorrow and im thinking it may not be a good idea to be around others who smoke and alcohol...i have crappy willpower!!

Uh, you can pretty much kiss off barhopping and going out drinking for the foreseeable future. When in doubt, get in bed.

krisskis

Thanks for your support! I do enjoy it. But when i have tried to quit in the past i notice that when im aggravated and people are pissing me off is when i get the craving. I know i can do it <i think>. I quit both times i was preggers and then for about 8 months after i had them when i was nursing...so i know i can do about 17 months and that was cold turkey. I also quit when my dad got sick with lung cancer and i watched him die a long and painful death over the course of a year. But the stress of that and shit i had going on with my mother and my marriage made me go back about a month after he passed away and that was over 7 years ago. I havent really been motivated to quit again until recently. I noticed myself getting more and more out of breath...especially when skiing and walking up stairs with laundry and shit. And to top it off...i am asthmatic...not a really bad one but enough to have to reach for the inhaler at times especially in the winter.

Thanks again everyone!