• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Butternut - 12/7/02

Greg

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: 12/7/02

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Butternut

Conditions: Packed powder, some scratchies, with powder by the trees

Trip Report: Got a late start as I had stuff going on in the morning, but I wanted to hit the trails for a couple of hours. Got on skis at about 12:30 PM. First run started on Pied Piper to Whip to Crosstown. That's when things went awry. Started down Hob Nob when the bottom dropped out. Crossed the skis and went down. Hard. Full force on the left hip on the hardpack and in full view of the quad. :blink:

Caught my breath, dusted myself off, and picked my way down the rest of Hob Nob. Great way to kick off the season. With my confidence a bit lowered, I hopped back on the Top Flight for what would be 7 more runs. Second run was pretty conservative, but after surviving another on the perilous ( :wink: ) slopes of Ski Butternut, I felt much better.

The run of the day by far was Twist/West Way with some nice powder on the right side of West Way.

Icing a bruised hip tonight, but off to Hunter tomorrow morning - bruise and all. :lol: