• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB @ Woodbury?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I was browsing the state's staycation website to see what they had for ideas of things to do in the state, and when I searched for mountain biking in the Litchfield Hills, this came up:

http://www.ctvisit.com/PropertyDetail.aspx?id=2614

Woodbury Ski & Skate Park

Category: Recreation
Subcategory: Mountain Biking
Region: Litchfield Hills
Address: Rte. 47
Woodbury, CT 06798
Description: Approximately 5 miles in terrain with 18 trails available for mountain biking. Three acre indoor and outdoor skate park.

Was anybody else aware of this?

Greg

Staff member
Maybe this is their idea of mountain biking?

Seems like a freeride park/course would fit in logically at Woodbury though....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
They have a skate park, too. But according to the state's website (which is supposed to be up to date), the MTB is on 18 trails. I can't find any info on Woodbury's website about it. :shrug:

eatskisleep

Last I heard, it was all falling down and not worth the drive.

powderman

If it isn't on Woodbury's official website, odds are, there no longer is mt biking at Woodbury. Mt biking probably never worked there, the skiing trails at Woodbury bunny hills I've skiied on and I doubt the mt biking trails are longer. The additional drive to better ski/mt bike areas is well worth it.