• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Mountain Bike Park Vid

Greg

Staff member
Looks sick. Happy Birthday, Alex.

eatskisleep

It's all about commitment and just thinking that there is no way down until you get to the end. Don't give up. Practice balance. Ride within your limits yet still push your limits to try new stuff.

Trekchick

I have a huge mental block with bridges.

Love that trail. I'm not so sure I have what it takes to do the skinnies, but the rest of it looks awesome!
If by bridges you mean skinnies, then I have a big block with them too.
Volklgirl has been working on them with me, and I've been doing better

Me too. I'm proud to say that I rode one last night that I normally would have walked though. 8)

It's all about commitment and just thinking that there is no way down until you get to the end. Don't give up. Practice balance. Ride within your limits yet still push your limits to try new stuff.

One of the things I did to get better was, set up a skinny 8" wide in my yard, not so far off the ground, then moved it up and up until I got better at it.
One thing that helped me a lot is similar to a mogul tip. Look ahead, not down.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
If by bridges you mean skinnies, then I have a big block with them too.
Volklgirl has been working on them with me, and I've been doing better

One of the things I did to get better was, set up a skinny 8" wide in my yard, not so far off the ground, then moved it up and up until I got better at it.
One thing that helped me a lot is similar to a mogul tip. Look ahead, not down.

The trick to them and log rides is.... are you ready for this?

Don't fall off

That was probably predictable.

bvibert

Staff member
I'd like to set up some practice stuff in my yard. Too bad my yard sucks and isn't actually mine, but the landlord's

Trekchick

I'd like to set up some practice stuff in my yard. Too bad my yard sucks and isn't actually mine, but the landlord's
When I started, I did a couple pallets and a couple planks.
The pallets worked well to practice bunny hops at first.
Short plank up to them and long plank between,
from there, I went to blocking material(12-14") from blocking up conveyors at our business.

The nice thing about this is that it was temporary so I never left it in the yard to wreck the lawn or mow around.