• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Just when you thought you had seen it all....

deadheadskier

Staff member
.....you drive by a one legged Harley rider. I was just driving on the highway and came up on a motorcycle in front of me. As I was looking at it, I thought to myself, that's weird the tailpipe kinda looks like crutches. Curiosity got the best of me and I drove up beside it and sure enough they were crutches mounted on top of the tail pipe from the foot pedal and the biker was missing a leg. not saying someone missing a limb shouldn't be treated differently or not try things that everyone else does, but it was a bit of a strange site.

Anyone else seen a one legged Harley rider?

Trekchick

Anyone else seen a one legged Harley rider?
I have! There was a guy in my home town who had one leg, and rode a harley.

I've got one, have you ever seen a chicken on a bike?
n830505017_3231912_3469.jpg

No kidding, this girl lives next to my sister. She has this pet chicken who loves to perch on the bike handlebars, no hooking or attaching, just perched there, and goes for a ride.

Terry

A guy in our town used to have a golden retriever that rode on his motorcycle with him. The dog would lay crossways on the seat and go everywhere with him.

Trekchick

I was thinking(scary huh?) if that girl had a Trek bike, then her pet would be a TrekChicken!
:lol:

No kidding, this girl lives next to my sister. She has this pet chicken who loves to perch on the bike handlebars, no hooking or attaching, just perched there, and goes for a ride.

snoseek

On the dog subject do any Sunday River veterans remember the chick that would bring her lab to the mountain on slow days and have him chase her up the barker quad while she rode lift board down and repeat? I think she worked in the ski shop and would do this on break.

That dog was amazing, running up agony almost as fast as the Barker quad!!!!!

Greg

Staff member

Johnnypoach would be very jealous of that bike. Marc would be very jealous of that chicken.

Terry

There used to be a guy that skied at Shawnee Peak with one leg. He would get to the top and flip his artificial leg back at the knee and ski on one ski. The dude was an awesome skier. I haven't seen him in a couple of years though. Don't know where he went.

Warp Daddy

I got a guy at Titus Mtn that skis with one leg too . He uses outrigger poles -- a damn fine skier who makes , nice crisp turns at speed !!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've definitely seen many people over the years skiing who are missing a limb and I agree, some of them completely rip.

Trekchick

Adaptive skiing is a huge deal on my home hill.
I see mono skis, one legged/armed skiers frequently.
The bootfitter on my home hill, volunteers time with Veterans who need special fitting due to amputations.
Its a great and wonderful thing to see these guys/gals rip!