• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

Greg

Staff member
Holy Crap!
My husband is 6' and would never think of anything less than 50 inches.

50 inchers in the bumps pop your hands up by your ears. So yeah, clown poles kinda suck on groomers, but who the hell bothers with groomers anyway...? ;)

o3jeff

Let me know how this all fits. My son wants a back pack boot bag for Christmas. If the XT1 fits the helmet i'll get him that model.

The XT1 was waiting on my door step when I got home today. I am able to fit quite a bit in it. Boots, helmet, 2 pairs of gloves, goggles and insulated ski pants with a little bit of room to spare. The extra 500 cu in in the TRV would be nice to have but can't see spending an extra $40 for it.

Looks like this is a keeper:spread:

bvibert

Staff member
The XT1 was waiting on my door step when I got home today. I am able to fit quite a bit in it. Boots, helmet, 2 pairs of gloves, goggles and insulated ski pants with a little bit of room to spare. The extra 500 cu in in the TRV would be nice to have but can't see spending an extra $40 for it.

Thanks for the update. That sounds plenty big to me, any bigger and I'd bring too much stuff... Which I've been known to do. :dunce:

gmcunni

cool. i'll keep an eye an XT1 on sale before christmas!

o3jeff

Altrec has the XT1 for $49.95 and with 15% off coupon code 15offnow brought it down to $42.46 which is the cheapest I could find it. But the problem is that to get free shipping you need to spend $45, so I ordered a box of 12 Cliff bars for $9.58 after coupon:p

gmcunni

Altrec has the XT1 for $49.95 and with 15% off coupon code 15offnow brought it down to $42.46 which is the cheapest I could find it. But the problem is that to get free shipping you need to spend $45, so I ordered a box of 12 Cliff bars for $9.58 after coupon:p

good to know, thanks!

Philpug

I got a few things for this year...

Softgoods:
Arc'Teryx Venta AR Jacket
Black Diamond Softshell from Costco
Cloudveil pants
New Giro Fuse
Smith I/0 Goggles

Gear:
Jesters for The Ski
new 888's under warranty
Griffons for above
Blizzard Magnum 8.7's w 5.14TT bindings
Goode 10.4 "push stick's"

Greg

Staff member

good to know, thanks!

Altrec.com has a nice way of categorizing products based on brand:

http://www.altrec.com/transpack/

Jeff - where did you find the 15% off 15offnow coupon code?