• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

Philpug

New Giro Fuse w/ Bluetooth
2 pr of Jesters
Elan 888 177
Arc'Teryx Windstopper

Might get some Smith I/O's

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I went all out this year.

Giro G9 off of SAC ~$25. (Oops, I didn't realize there was a womens version.)
Scott 44" poles off of some other discounted site ~$25.
Predator pants from Jeffy on the mogul forums ~$50 (I just had to have them).
I loved Predatorwear gear. Too bad they went out of business.

Sky

Picked up new boots Friday. Was thinking about it at the end of last season...old boots not quite packed out, but was discovering some challenges keeping them snug as the day progressed.

Rossi is apparently (according to the rep) looking to get back into the boot biz.

So the shop@ Wa ordered me a pair of the best boots in my size, Zenith 110's. All Mountain category.

Nice features...diagonal buckles. They pull the boot tight in a more natural direction.

Should be interesting.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Picked up new boots Friday. Was thinking about it at the end of last season...old boots not quite packed out, but was discovering some challenges keeping them snug as the day progressed.

Rossi is apparently (according to the rep) looking to get back into the boot biz.

So the shop@ Wa ordered me a pair of the best boots in my size, Zenith 110's. All Mountain category.

Nice features...diagonal buckles. They pull the boot tight in a more natural direction.

Should be interesting.

why not get new liners and footbeds?

"In the world there are many different roads but the destination is the same. There are a hundred deliberations but the result is one"

- Confucius

Wow, getting all eastern on me. Well, if Sun Tzu wrote the Art of Skiing he might say "he who demos before buying has a better chance of being happy with his purchase than he who does not"

prisnah

Dang..that's alot for Binders..

That's a pretty good price on those actually....

BUT.....backcountry.com has 'em for 360 shipped with the 20% off code.

Although, I see no point in having them if you aren't hitting the slackcountry nearly everytime out AND hucking at least 10+ footers.

Moe Ghoul

That's a pretty good price on those actually....

BUT.....backcountry.com has 'em for 360 shipped with the 20% off code.

Although, I see no point in having them if you aren't hitting the slackcountry nearly everytime out AND hucking at least 10+ footers.

I checked Backcountry, I didn't see them at that price, musta missed that.

Philpug

I agree. No need to carry around that extra weight if you aren't hitting the BC. Thats why I an going with Griff-sters.

I agree. No need to carry around that extra weight if you aren't hitting the BC. Thats why I an going with Griff-sters.

extra weight...they're still lighter than most high din bindings. the only time to complain about the weight on them is when you're in touring mode...and the trade off there is higher weight in exchange for a higer din...I'd rather drag some extra grams into the sidecountry in exchange for a clamp that'll hold me in on impact.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I'm not sure I understand part two of your requirement. Why would someone who doesn't huck at least ten footers not have a use for them?

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not sure I understand part two of your requirement. Why would someone who doesn't huck at least ten footers not have a use for them?

From what I understand they're burly touring bindings. Stronger than your typical touring bindings, but with a weight penalty (pretty big one IIRC). The thinking being that if you're not doing crazy stuff AND touring that you don't need something so burly. However, it seems to me, if you're mostly doing lift served with occasional slack or back country excursions and you only want to have one pair of skis then these bad boys might be a good option.

prisnah

From what I understand they're burly touring bindings. Stronger than your typical touring bindings, but with a weight penalty (pretty big one IIRC). The thinking being that if you're not doing crazy stuff AND touring that you don't need something so burly. However, it seems to me, if you're mostly doing lift served with occasional slack or back country excursions and you only want to have one pair of skis then these bad boys might be a good option.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

If you're not hucking or pretty damn heavy baron's are a better (read: lighter and cheaper) option for slackcountry.

My point was their burly as hell and it's pointless to have all the extra weight unless you have a legit reason for a 16 din binding. It's like having P18's to ski groomers. Just my opinion.