• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i figured that we need a thread to disscuss the new gear we are all buying.

a new burton 162 T6 for every day riding

a forum 161 ROOST for powder

i have my eye on a prior All Terrain Vehicle for highspeed cruising just trying to decided on what size 161 or 167

got a new pack it is made by sims but is built better than any pack i have ever had its a great touring pack.

my sabath boots are in great shape for the amount of days i put on them. i dont like the new ones so i may just call burton and see if they will sell me new liners.

bigbog

now that you bring the subject up........

New liners for my Garmont Endos(Dynafit Zzero ThermoFit Highs)...;-) some name for a liner..
Pants(ski;-))...

Last edited:

Trekchick

I've skied in my Krypton Storms for 2 years, (100ish days) and though they're holding up well, I'm guessing that I'll be getting a new Krypton some time this year.

Also looking to add some Goode Poles.

In the Quiver change in 07-08 thread I posted my intent to add the F17 to my quiver. Since that thread, I've sold my Blizzard EOS and am thinking about Adding the Hart Beat to my Quiver in the Mid Fat range, for my front side carver. Will keep the Bro and Bluehouse.

jack97

I'm all set in terms of needs for hard and soft goods. In terms of wants, I am on the lookout a all clear google, my current is showing wear. Always on the look out on a good deal, maybe another mogul ski for the collection.

Wife and kid are out on a Europe vacation..... good time to bring something home.

deadheadskier

Staff member
As much as I'd like a set of race stock skis....probably wait a year as I added two new pairs of skis to the quiver last season

Still looking to add:

Krypton Pros
Pants
Gloves

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm assuming that my 155 Blizzard Mag SL's are too short for you but if they aren't, and you're interested, pm me. ;)
You can see my review of them on Epic.

nice play :lol:

...no thinking more in the 175-180 range in a GS ski. I don't think I'd want the newer 27m minimum, the more recent years 22m radius is more what I'm thinking about......but alas only thinking at this time.

AdironRider

I just picked up a new ski jacket and pants. Im a big fan of DNA gear so theyre both from that company.

New DNA Moe Jacket and DNA Louie Louie pants. 20000ml or whatever denomination for both. Loved my first moe Jacket, and I had some cheapo Burton pants last season. I figure Id step it up this season in the pants department.

Still need to pick up a new pair or Kinko gloves. Those puppies with snoseal are bar-none the best ski glove out there. Also need a pair of low/flat light goggles and another hat or two.

AdironRider

i figured that we need a thread to disscuss the new gear we are all buying.

a new burton 162 T6 for every day riding

a forum 161 ROOST for powder

i have my eye on a prior All Terrain Vehicle for highspeed cruising just trying to decided on what size 161 or 167

got a new pack it is made by sims but is built better than any pack i have ever had its a great touring pack.

my sabath boots are in great shape for the amount of days i put on them. i dont like the new ones so i may just call burton and see if they will sell me new liners.

Get the 167, you wont be dissapointed with longer length once you make the jump and get used to it. Its pretty addicting.

hardline

Get the 167, you wont be dissapointed with longer length once you make the jump and get used to it. Its pretty addicting.

thats what i was thinking. when i was a young man and used to race SG my board was a 162 and i was pretty small. i still feel alot of the boards now a days have way to much side cut sure it makes easy to turn but when you get into the 40 to 50 mph range its way to much sidecut. which is why i was thinking of working with the guys at prior to come up with a board that is stable it large carve at high speeds. not you everyday board, but superfun for morrning crusing.

hardline

I'm all set in terms of needs for hard and soft goods. In terms of wants, I am on the lookout a all clear google, my current is showing wear. Always on the look out on a good deal, maybe another mogul ski for the collection.

Wife and kid are out on a Europe vacation..... good time to bring something home.

just order a new lens from prolens.com. i just ordered the high yellow for my wisdoms. still don't know if i want to keep them they are a little small for my fat face.

jack97

just order a new lens from prolens.com. i just ordered the high yellow for my wisdoms. still don't know if i want to keep them they are a little small for my fat face.

How are they on flat light?

hardline

How are they on flat light?

they bump up the contrast. they are the best i have used but the key to flat light is just knowing the terrain. flat light doesn't really bother me that much anymore because i am so used to riding from 5pm to 10pm. i have found everbodys eye is a bit different so the only thing you can do is try new ones till you find the right one. which is why i now a have goglle quiver. but the hi yellow works pretty good for me.

ERJ-145CA

I'm pretty much set for 08/09. Got new skis and poles last summer and new boots near the end of the 06/07 season. I might buy a new pair of pants and gloves but no major purchases. This next season should be much less expensive than the last one.

jack97

they bump up the contrast. they are the best i have used but the key to flat light is just knowing the terrain. flat light doesn't really bother me that much anymore because i am so used to riding from 5pm to 10pm. i have found everbodys eye is a bit different so the only thing you can do is try new ones till you find the right one. which is why i now a have goglle quiver. but the hi yellow works pretty good for me.

Spend all of my time in the bumps, Sunapee is bad with flat light. Seems the clear goggle works best for me.

Philpug

I will need some warmer clothes if I am to be standing around a demo tent.