Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 7/13/08

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 7/13/08

This evening's ride didn't quite go as planned. Met up with Jeff and Brian at the soccer fields for something different. The first stretch was fun with some nice downhills. The first screw-up was up by the fish hatchery, but that was a minor one. We then headed down and across Punch Rock Road towards the dirt jumps. We messed up in there and ended up on a lot of ATV ridden doubletrack and found ourselves back on Washington Tnpke. We found some more doubletrack back to the lot. A bit over 5 miles.

All in all, a not so great ride. Always good to get out and ride with the boys, but not knowing the area, it was tough. Also, Lamson's sweet singletrack spoiled us a bit as there is a lot more doubletrack in this area. I think we'll explore more stuff south of Stone Road at some point.

One bonus was the new GPS worked out great. We probably should have consulted it more. Anyway, I got my first trail record uploaded to Crankfire here. Here's the topo map. Super easy to do that and it seems like downloading others' track into the GPS will be a piece of cake. Nate's site is an awesome resource, no doubt.

I ski double black diamonds.

I though it was a pretty decent ride, all things considered. I'm still not quite sure where that first right hand that we missed over by the fish hatchery was. From the looks of it it's somewhere before that overgrown area with all the thorns. We would have avoided that slog up the drainage if we found the correct route. After we got past the dirt jumps it appears that we made a right hand turn before we headed south along Stone road enough. I still say that riding that last little bit of double track was more interesting that riding back on the road.
    Brian

What happened to Powhunter & JP? There was no mention of them in you TR

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    What happened to Powhunter & JP? There was no mention of them in you TR
    PH texted me this afternoon that he had to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I though it was a pretty decent ride, all things considered. I'm still not quite sure where that first right hand that we missed over by the fish hatchery was. From the looks of it it's somewhere before that overgrown area with all the thorns. We would have avoided that slog up the drainage if we found the correct route. After we got past the dirt jumps it appears that we made a right hand turn before we headed south along Stone road enough. I still say that riding that last little bit of double track was more interesting that riding back on the road.
    Ha! At least we added some new tracks not previously on Crankfire!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yeah, I guess we accomplished something at least.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Too bad it wasn't some radical uncharted trail we found.

Nate just told me about this Garmin Uploader tool which lets you upload tracks to Crankfire right from your GPS:

http://www.crankfire.com/trails/garmin_uploader.php

Pretty cool. He hopes to provide a downloader tool too so you can grab other Crankfire tracks.

Cool, now all I need is a GPS...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Cool, now all I need is a GPS...
    Is that supposed to be a hint?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Thread Information