• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 7/13/08

Greg

Staff member
This evening's ride didn't quite go as planned. Met up with Jeff and Brian at the soccer fields for something different. The first stretch was fun with some nice downhills. The first screw-up was up by the fish hatchery, but that was a minor one. We then headed down and across Punch Rock Road towards the dirt jumps. We messed up in there and ended up on a lot of ATV ridden doubletrack and found ourselves back on Washington Tnpke. We found some more doubletrack back to the lot. A bit over 5 miles.

All in all, a not so great ride. Always good to get out and ride with the boys, but not knowing the area, it was tough. Also, Lamson's sweet singletrack spoiled us a bit as there is a lot more doubletrack in this area. I think we'll explore more stuff south of Stone Road at some point.

One bonus was the [thread="30363"]new GPS[/thread] worked out great. We probably should have consulted it more. :lol: Anyway, I got my first trail record uploaded to Crankfire here. Here's the topo map. Super easy to do that and it seems like downloading others' track into the GPS will be a piece of cake. Nate's site is an awesome resource, no doubt.

bvibert

Staff member
I though it was a pretty decent ride, all things considered. I'm still not quite sure where that first right hand that we missed over by the fish hatchery was. From the looks of it it's somewhere before that overgrown area with all the thorns. We would have avoided that slog up the drainage if we found the correct route. After we got past the dirt jumps it appears that we made a right hand turn before we headed south along Stone road enough. I still say that riding that last little bit of double track was more interesting that riding back on the road. ;)

MR. evil

What happened to Powhunter & JP? There was no mention of them in you TR

Greg

Staff member
I though it was a pretty decent ride, all things considered. I'm still not quite sure where that first right hand that we missed over by the fish hatchery was. From the looks of it it's somewhere before that overgrown area with all the thorns. We would have avoided that slog up the drainage if we found the correct route. After we got past the dirt jumps it appears that we made a right hand turn before we headed south along Stone road enough. I still say that riding that last little bit of double track was more interesting that riding back on the road. ;)

Ha! At least we added some new tracks not previously on Crankfire! :lol:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
BTW, found some really cool, pretty mellow 2 - 3' ramp drops there on some new terrain. Great for practice. My two friends did them on hard tails, so everyone I rode with at W. Hartford should have no problem.

bvibert

Staff member
BTW, found some really cool, pretty mellow 2 - 3' ramp drops there on some new terrain. Great for practice. My two friends did them on hard tails, so everyone I rode with at W. Hartford should have no problem.

At Nassahegan, or are you talking about Case (in a Nassahegan thread)???

bvibert

Staff member
Post ride update: I think I gave myself a slight case of whiplash when I had that little spill in the parking lot. My whole neck is killing me. It was kinda sore all day yesterday, but then last night it got to the point where I could barely move it. It's doing a bit better this morning, hopefully its ok for the ride this evening...

Greg

Staff member
Post ride update: I think I gave myself a slight case of whiplash when I had that little spill in the parking lot. My whole neck is killing me. It was kinda sore all day yesterday, but then last night it got to the point where I could barely move it. It's doing a bit better this morning, hopefully its ok for the ride this evening...

Yikes.

Maybe you should take it easy. Don't overdo it tonight.

Yeah, take a day off if you need it. Lots of riding to do yet.