• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTB Ski Vices

thetrailboss

Staff member
If any of you have a decent pair of ski vices, send me a PM.

I'm also interested in upgrading my iron as well :wink:

Charlie Schuessler

Tuning Vises & Irons

I have two different styles of vises. One set go with the some older different skis with "OLD Salomon" 700 & 900 Series Bindings that I've had for about 18-20 years and a newer set for shape skis...it makes a difference...

My waxing iron is a 1960's vintage model made by a company in Brooklyn NY, and it works so well that I hope I never have to change!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
sorry

Sorry, my mom's iron circa 1960 isn't for sale :p

Go to a garage sale this spring, especially grandma's house-type sales, you're sure to find one. No steam holes of course, but back then, we didn't know what steam was :p

Then find someone with a temperature probe and find the correct temp. setting for your iron (I fergets the number, I just know my setting!)

I'm not trying to be cheap, I just don't see much value in a specialized iron for Joe/Josephine average hot waxer :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re: sorry

billski said:
Sorry, my mom's iron circa 1960 isn't for sale :p

Go to a garage sale this spring, especially grandma's house-type sales, you're sure to find one. No steam holes of course, but back then, we didn't know what steam was :p

Then find someone with a temperature probe and find the correct temp. setting for your iron (I fergets the number, I just know my setting!)

Got the iron.

Need the vises :wink:

Thanks!