• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I enjoy going over the handlebars

awf170

Funny... the same guy now professing this sentiment also did this not long ago:

That was a very calculated risk. So calculated that I hit the completely wrong drop.

BTW, you never responded to my email. Jerkface.

Did he stick it?

If by stick it you mean double eject upon landing, execute a perfect somersault or two, then slide down half of Tuckeman Ravine on my ass, then yes I did.

Here's a pic a little lower down of my "stuck" landing:
tuckermans-37.jpg

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Vietnam on Father's Day? Try not to taco your rim on the first 2 ft. drop this time. Thanks.

I wuz actually thinking Saturday since I gotta do a 70 mile road ride Sunday. Then again maybe I should just continue not mountain biking at all until after the PMC so I don't kill myself before it.

Trev

havent gone over the bars yet. like austin last year, its probably just a matter of time since i'm trying things that my skill level doesnt come close to matching. my biggest problem has been shoulder checking trees. both my shoulders are black and blue from only 2 1/2 rides this year. i gotta figure that one out before i do some serious damage.

Don't lean as much! tilt the bike more and keep yourself 'standing' straight.

I've done some tree skimming... with a bit of bark rash here n there.. :)

bvibert

Staff member
I had 'bark rash' a good part of the season last year. I think sometimes I used bouncing off the trees to keep me upright when I was tired. ;)

Mildcat

That was a very calculated risk. So calculated that I hit the completely wrong drop.

BTW, you never responded to my email. Jerkface.

If by stick it you mean double eject upon landing, execute a perfect somersault or two, then slide down half of Tuckeman Ravine on my ass, then yes I did.

Here's a pic a little lower down of my "stuck" landing:
tuckermans-37.jpg

I vote Austin the most entertaining person on Alpinezone. :lol:

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Really, I must enjoy it since in the past week I have done it over 10 times. I'll stare at something for a while, think to myself that I'm probably going to do an endo since the transition is flat, then finally convince myself to do it. Right when I hit the transition I go flying over my handlebars. Obviously I never lower my seat, that would make far too much sense. On the plus side I'm getting very good at coming out of clipless peddles, and now occasionally I jump the handlebars before going over forward and land on my feet.

Anyone else enjoy going over the handlebars as much as I do?

there's a certain degree of enjoyment i get out of the rush... how much closer to serious injury does it get? really...

when i first began down hilling i'd go over twice a day, easy. some were as simple as jumping the bars and running down the trail, others were down right spectacular.

It didnt take long for me to obtain the full body armor suit and then the crashes really started to happen haha. after about 20, i think, i almost lived for the feeling i had immediatly after i made sure i could walk and move my toes. its like i felt alive! haha. wierd.

seriously though, its not that bad of a way to crash. i prefer it 10-1 over catching a handle bar on a tree, or having a chain bind up / break and causing the pedal to gorge my legs. I also prefer flying helplessly through the air to losing traction in a turn and sliding out into trees or having my brakes fail (never buy hayes 9 brakes) and bombing diablo like i'm wearing a starter jacket.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I routinely hit my ass on my back tire since I get so far back. Worst that can happen is that I jump off the back of my bike. .

watch out for the dingle berries....

imagine a kona style 4 bar suspension design and a "seat" that is too far back... oh my god... the humanity

bvibert

Staff member
watch out for the dingle berries....

imagine a kona style 4 bar suspension design and a "seat" that is too far back... oh my god... the humanity

Where the hell ya been shovel man? We thought you didn't like us anymore... I was up in your neck of the woods at Penwood yesterday, nice riding up there!

I hope the moving stuff is going ok...

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Haven't gone over the handlebars this season yet, just give me some time and I will! The last doozy was late last summer in Berlin, NH on a steep snow machine corridor. Hit it too fast, knew I was screwed, did the best I could, hit a rock just right, OTBs, crash/roll/stop, bike hits me, then to top it all off girlfriend flies by me laughing!

o3jeff

Only otb once this year, coming up Hinmans trying to keep up with Greg, I was coming up through the small rocky area/garden and another biker stopped at the side to let us by, just as I passed him, over I went. I never saw it coming until I was laying there.

Trev

I 'almost' had a nasty OTB on my Monday run out in Nass.

Toward the last bit of the Cometary twisties there is that sharp corner->downhill->little board jump at the base.

Generally I cut it hard and take the right most(heading down the hill) portion of the trail. I drifted/bounced a bit too far right as I headed down and hit that little jump. I wasn't 'out of control' but I wasn't ready for the bump.. kinda sorta.

Anyhow... front tire down first... sandy.. back tire was way up there for a bit..

Funny as hell really... but.. with the rocks up and coming.. could been messy.

WoodCore

Went OTB big time on a larger log up and over at Brooksvale last Sunday. Thankfully the landing was soft!