• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the point?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
UMMM its fun. Look at it this way. Those chips were history whether you went riding or not. At least you burnt them off before you ate them.
Good point! :beer:

I find it funny that if I eat apples, they send me into a tailspin eating frenzy. Strange.... :blink:

SKIQUATTRO

wore my Polar HR monitor one day spring skiing at Sugarbush....burned 3600 calories..was neat looking at the graph of my HR all spikes (HR up when skiing then crashes on the lift, then spikes when skiing, crashes on the lift)

wore my Polar HR monitor one day spring skiing at Sugarbush....burned 3600 calories..was neat looking at the graph of my HR all spikes (HR up when skiing then crashes on the lift, then spikes when skiing, crashes on the lift)

Wow I didn't realize skiing burned that many calories since a good percentage of the day is spent sitting on the lift. I bet at Jackson Hole I burn the most calories due to the longer sustained pitch and vert...except for when I do my mad steezy speed groomer zoomer runs off the gangala..

Trekchick

I always lose more weight in the winter than the summer.
I think its because I tend to shovel sidewalks and ski a lot in the winter while soups are my fav food.
In the summer, I enjoy a stop at the DQ after a hard burnin bike ride :)

All in all, I come from a family of people with over weight tendencies, with the exception of my paternal grandparents. They were/are extremely active, outdoorsy people.
I don't work out, I just happen to have passions for stuff that keeps me out there doing stuff and burning calories.