• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the point?

Greg

Staff member
...of doing something healthy like mountain biking, when each time I just come home and crush a bag of potato chips..? :roll:

:lol:

skiboarder

Greg, do a recovery drink instead. It really helps to restore the muscles for better function the following day. I will write a thread about recovery drinks.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
...of doing something healthy like mountain biking, when each time I just come home and crush a bag of potato chips..? :roll:

Buy a new mousetrap, set it and carefully place it in the bag and put the bag out of reach of your children. I'm told that after just one time of getting your fingers crushed by the trap you'll stop with the chips. Buying a new trap vs using one you might have around the house is key if you want to eat the chips later. :wink:

Course, if you simply switch to Snickers bars your on your own. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Myself, I had a chocolate milk on the way home and a couple nice pieces of home made banana nut bread when I got home. That wasn't too bad, until I had the ice cream cone... ;)

You're skinny so you can eat all the chips you want....Almost everyday after skiing..I eat steak or nachos or pizza always washed down with beer..and I wonder why I can ski everyday and still not drop a pound..lol

I bypassed beers after golf the otherday..I feel like after playing a round of cart golf..I don't deserve to pig out and drink gallons of beer..

awf170

You're skinny so you can eat all the chips you want....Almost everyday after skiing..I eat steak or nachos or pizza always washed down with beer..and I wonder why I can ski everyday and still not drop a pound..lol

I bypassed beers after golf the otherday..I feel like after playing a round of cart golf..I don't deserve to pig out and drink gallons of beer..

Eating a whole bag of chips isn't good for you even if you are skinny. Being skinny is still no excuse to eat shitty. And as far I can tell a few hours of night skiing on groomed terrain really isn't that much of a workout.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Eating shit food isn't the way to live a long life.. then again, only eating vegetables and your quality of living may not be all that great either.

Even if someone's skinny it's possible to have poor vitals... like cholesterol, tri count, blood pressure, resting pulse, etc.

Actually Greg, you crave chips after a ride because you need to replace the salts you sweat out. It's natural. It's just the fat and cholesterol in the chips that isn't really what you need. Switch to something lighter like pretzels. Also, try some electrolyte replacement while you're riding, your craving for salts will be lessened at the end of the ride plus you'll feel and ride better.

I use chocolate milk (made w/ 1%) for a recovery a lot and usually plan rides so I'm ready to eat a full meal afterwards. The hour after you stop the activity is really the golden time for recovery.

Having the vegetable garden is great because since I'm cheap and hungry a lot, I go down to the garden to get stuff to eat and I love knowing that it's also free, minus the sweat and time.

Greg

Staff member
You're skinny.

This is true. Though I can't help but think someday my metabolism is going to suddenly slow way down and I'm going to blow up like a balloon. My weight has been steadily increasing over the years. In college, I was a super skinny mo-fo like Austin, mostly in the 140's. Now, I'm approaching 170 which is probably an ideal weight.

This is true. Though I can't help but think someday my metabolism is going to suddenly slow way down and I'm going to blow up like a balloon. My weight has been steadily increasing over the years. In college, I was a super skinny mo-fo like Austin, mostly in the 140's. Now, I'm approaching 170 which is probably an ideal weight.

One thing I realize more and more is that most skinny people aren't naturally skinny but eat healthy..or have a small appetite.

Greg

Staff member
One thing I realize more and more is that most skinny people aren't naturally skinny but eat healthy..or have a small appetite.

I'm naturally skinny. I can eat big meals like a horse, but I don't normally snack so that probably helps.

When I was 18 I was 150 pounds
Now I'm 28 and I'm 210 pounds

at that rate I'll be 330 pounds at age 48...so I need to do something right quick..as in tomorrow..lol..my ideal weight is 185-190 pounds..based on my frame..

cbcbd

I, on the other hand, exercise so I can eat crappy foods that I enjoy... but not during the week, though.

tjf67

UMMM its fun. Look at it this way. Those chips were history whether you went riding or not. At least you burnt them off before you ate them.