• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski videos

Sparky

I've seen many videos posted by this group so I'm hoping someone can answer this question. I have an editing software call Pinnacle Studio 11, which runs well on windows XP, however my daughter's mac will not load it. I have checked the Pinnacle website and they say it will not run on macs. Does anyone know of a way around this? I have concidered trying to load XP on to her mac, but I'm not sure thats a good idea. What say you?

wa-loaf

I've seen many videos posted by this group so I'm hoping someone can answer this question. I have an editing software call Pinnacle Studio 11, which runs well on windows XP, however my daughter's mac will not load it. I have checked the Pinnacle website and they say it will not run on macs. Does anyone know of a way around this? I have concidered trying to load XP on to her mac, but I'm not sure thats a good idea. What say you?

Why don't you just use iMovie? Or if her mac is an intel version you can get bootcamp and load windows on it.

wa-loaf

bootcamp?

Bootcamp is the free application from Apple that lets you make intel macs makes dual booting. ie. get bootcamp and install windows and basically make the mac a windows machine. It does require a restart if you want to switch back to OSX. The best bet is to just work with editing software that's designed for the mac. They all come pre-installed with iMovie.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I had Pinnacle 9. Great program but the designers are pretty stringent on which OS the program will run on. All of my videos on tsw were created with Pinnacle.

hiroto

She has a iMac with a 20" screen and her OS is Tiger.

Ok, then her Mac definitely came with iMovie HD installed. So all you need to do is to plug in video camera with firewire cable to her Mac to import footages off the camera.