• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GoldenRd-SeboomookDam area - Sat. July 19, 2008

bigbog

Date(s) Hiked: Saturday July 19, 2008

Trails(s) Hiked: random

Total Distance: hiked=100yds

Difficulty: low

Conditions: Sunny, clouds: cummulus

Special Required Equipment: ...gas..

Trip Report:

Drove over Golden Road from Millinocket to Seboomook Dam, then on down to Rockwood(western side of Moosehead Lake).
Didn't have a specific hike planned, just drove the Xterra where distance demanded the transportation, exited Golden Road to head towards Seboomook Dam stretch of Penobscot's West Branch.

Saturday July 19th Pics...

A couple short Youtube videos:
1) Ragged Stream...flowing into Caribou Lake and crossing under GoldenRoad ..Possess the quality of a NewYear's Day hangover....;-)

2) Outflow (start of section of WestBranch of Penobscot, seen from top of Seboomook Dam

Having a good time is easy on beautiful sunshine days like Saturday..mid-to-upper 70s..., much easier than the time I had trying to post individual images...;-)..So I just chucked them for the whole gallery in one....(above link)

SteveD

Last edited:

bigbog

100yds...!

Nope...no specific touring...
I was interested more in the traffic around/thru these areas(as I know them well).. Sorry Steeze ! ;- 0 I had to put it(& images) somewhere...;-)...
The trail mileage isn't always what produces the quality...

Last edited:

bigbog

...Saturday...

..Sure was a nice one MichaelJ.
Baxter must've been nice. Although at times we're getting that combo of rain clouds mixed with sunshine....still have some nice breaks.

SteveD