Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 7/20/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I was bonking out minutes into the cemetery twisties so I'm glad you lead that part cuz I would have slowed you up. I got a second wind right before the climb and basically made the whole climb in one pass, stepping out from pure exhaustion right before the top. I don't consider that clearing it so I have a goal for next time. I rode slow and steady through there which helped.

Nice job on the downhills, Brian! Especially the last techy one which you cleared, got over the bridge and up the rock on the other side! Sweet. I flailed the last few miles of the ride, and was spent on the last stretch, but it sure felt good to ride that whole thing. That route is a keeper!

What? Are your fingers tired too? I am exhausted, but it feels good.
    Thanks for the kudos, you cleared some good climbs yourself.

My whole body is pretty tired, but my fingers aren't especially bad. I'm sure, as you can imagine, that with 2 kids running around it took me a little longer than it should to write my TR.
    Brian

Tim good thoughts for your friend!! Hope he heals quickly and without much pain!!!

steve

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    That is my worst fear out there is getting hurt, probably a good thing I wasn't there this morning. Still looks like you got some good riding in.
    It shook me a little bit. I was worried whether I would ride more conservative after seeing that. I didn't. Not that I'm that aggressive anyway, but injury is a real risk you need to accept on the MTB, I guess. I did try that little loop at the highest point we hit on the ridge and I almost OTB'd coming down. Brian was sure I was going to.

We did get a lot of good riding in, not just some. On a day like today that whole ride is pretty tough though. I definitely feel it this evening. The bed will feel good tonight.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    Tim good thoughts for your friend!! Hope he heals quickly and without much pain!!!

steve

Thanks Steve. I am sure he is feeling no pain tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Thanks Steve. I am sure he is feeling no pain tonight.
    Yeah. I'm sure the endorphins and adrenaline was what got him out of the woods this morning, and the drugs I'm sure he's taking tonight will hopefully mask it. Tomorrow is going to be rough for him. Poor guy. He seemed real chill.

I should also mention that your other friend Chris stayed very calm, but didn't hesitate determining the action we had to take. I think everyone handled that situation pretty well actually.
    I ski double black diamonds.

I think everyone handled that situation pretty well actually.
    I had the same thoughts as well. Everyone seemed to do what they needed to do and got the situation taken care of.
    Brian

Yeah. I'm sure the endorphins and adrenaline was what got him out of the woods this morning, and the drugs I'm sure he's taking tonight will hopefully mask it. Tomorrow is going to be rough for him. Poor guy. He seemed real chill.

I should also mention that your other friend Chris stayed very calm, but didn't hesitate determining the action we had to take. I think everyone handled that situation pretty well actually.
    The next week will be pretty rough for Red, I hope they give him some good drugs to take home. So keep in mind the guy just wrecked hard, broke 3 ribs& hiked out of the woods with his bike. The entire way back to MA the one thing that he was really worried about was a nurse cleaning that wound on his elbow. Becuase in his own words "that really hurts".

Chris has been riding for a long time and has been in similar situations before with friends hurt on the trail. But all in all we handled everything really well.

Thread Information