• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

flume slide

LongStep

Sorry to link someones picture w/o thier permission but Is this a picture of the flume slide trail?

http://www.hoosactunnel.net/nonhoosac/NH/EastFranconia060916/P1010034.html

That seems more then steep if it is. Does it look worse because the shot is taken from afar?

Im planning on attempting this hike on the weekend if its dry and I have been surfing for days for good views of the trail. That link doesnt seem so much a trail but a true rock climb. As always any info will be welcomed

Thanks

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
That is a slide on Flume. That is not the Flume Slide trail, which is in the woods to the right of that open slide.

This is about as bad as it gets:
fs07.jpg

This is looking down the slide that you linked to:
fl03.jpg

LongStep

That is a slide on Flume. That is not the Flume Slide trail, which is in the woods to the right of that open slide.

This is about as bad as it gets:
fs07.jpg

This is looking down the slide that you linked to:
fl03.jpg

ahh after reading scores of trip reports I came to the realization that many people had thought the same thing as I. Is the actual slide able to be climbed? No that I would be interested none the less.