• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend thread..last weekend in July..

Grassi21

the weekend starts tomorrow. i took friday off and will be smoking 3 pork butts for the little one's 1st b-day party on saturday. friday prep work also includes making slaw, baked beans, and husking the corn. a friend is also taking the day to help prep. there will be lots of smoking and beers being drank. i will get a quick mow of the grass in on saturday morning and then start popping brews again.

and on sunday, i rest...

Greg

Staff member
Greg,

If you follow dhs's advice, go to the beaches on the Northside of the Cape, the south side beaches suck. Wizz warm sea weedy water and too many yahoos. If you are staying in West Dennis, hit up Clancy's fish n chips on lower county road, good food, kid friendly place. If you go over to the other side of town to Chapin beach, hit up Chapin's restaraunt, sister restaraunt to Clancy's. Only go out to eat mid week, you will spend your weekends waiting in line. If you guys can go out to eat with out the kids, hit up Gerardi's Cafe in South/West Yarmouth, right near Bass River Sports World. You will need a reservation, but worth every bite. For a few beers in your neck of the woods, hit up the wooden shoe, always a classic. Enjoy the Cape, if you need a guide hit me up.

Thanks! We head out there every year so we've got the area pretty dialed. Clancy's is great. We also like Brax in Harwichport, but it's sorta declined a bit in recent years. We usually head out for dinner between 4:30 and 5 pm so we never wait.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd also recommend Abici in Yarmouth if you're looking for a special dinner for you and the wife. The new chef there is the former sous chef of Arrows in Maine, which many people consider one of the ten best restaurants in the country. No first hand reports, but I know the chef is VERY talented

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
My fine dining recomendation for that area, the Chatam Wayside Inn, after which you could go for nice homemade ice cream up the street forget the name of the establishment. And if your in the mood for a brew or two you could go across the street to the Chatam Squire.

If you do it on a Friday evening, you could just go to the park right next to the restaurant and catch the band, just like something out of Mayberry, real good time for the whole family. Want a good spot to see the band, lay a blanket down earlier in the day and reserve your spot, no one will touch it!

deadheadskier

Staff member
My fine dining recomendation for that area, the Chatam Wayside Inn, after which you could go for nice homemade ice cream up the street forget the name of the establishment. And if your in the mood for a brew or two you could go across the street to the Chatam Squire.

If you do it on a Friday evening, you could just go to the park right next to the restaurant and catch the band, just like something out of Mayberry, real good time for the whole family. Want a good spot to see the band, lay a blanket down earlier in the day and reserve your spot, no one will touch it!

...ah the Squire. I spent Halloween night there when I was 21. total debauchery :beer:

hammer

Hanging around the house trying to dry out all of the gear from our 3-day WET camping trip in North Woodstock this past week...:x

The course I'm playing tomorrow.."Whitetail"..has a driveable par 4(280-290yards..slightly downhill) and a short par 5 playing around 470-80 yards from the whites..which has yielded one long eagle putt pissed by inches for a tap in birdie..I'm glad my tee-time is early

Golf sucks... that's why Tiger took the summer off .. made up a story about his knee so people would leave him alone ..

hahaha..well yeah I haven't been that into golf lately...only 3 rounds in July...I could have played alot more but the damn heat sucks..

Tomorrow I want to break 88..legit...well maybe one breakfast ball on the first tee..:smash:

Phillycore

WHOOO hooo my check came so I get to go play at sesame place tomorrow with the kids.....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Last night purchased a new coffee table and dining table, chilled with the lady.

Today, stained and polyed the coffee table as it was unfinished, did some errands.

Tonight, friends coming over for dinner.

Tomorrow, last coat of poly on the coffee table and then I'm finding some water somewhere to jump in.