• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend thread..last weekend in July..

Hey All,

Yes it's still Wednesday but the weekend will be here really soon. Is anybody up to anything fun? If you have a short minute..let us know about your weekend plans? I'm planning on moving into a steezy new apartment when my lease ends October 1st so I'll probably look at some apartment. Saturday morning I'm playing golf with my Dad and on Sunday morning there's going to be a brunch for my Dads 60th birthday with about 30 people so I can get my grub on. Bagels, lox, egg casserole, coffee cake and of course Bloody Marys. This is also the last weekend that I'll be a young man because on Monday...I turn 29..wow..I wonder what that's going to be like. Pretty soon I'm going to have to start acting like a "grown up"...lol...everybody hang in there..it will be the weekend in the blink of an eye...

Holla//

Dr Skimeister

That was the year I first went to Carolina. Bunch of us from WVU camped at Oregon Inlet. Been going to Hatteras every year since '84. Same beach-front bungalow.

Moe Ghoul

Just me n the dogs. Hookin up for a drinking lunch on Friday and pickin up my friend's canoe from storage. Looks like were still plannin a trip for September despite his wife's situation.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
thursday i have an event for american express. lots of celebs.
friday have a early date. then DJing at our spot on 15th. bunch of cuties having birtdays.
saturday im heading to the lake to do nothing and drink. maybe bring a girl with me.
sunday riping out a crapy plumbing job someone did and doing it right.
might stay up till monday so i drink on sunday.

Greg

Staff member
Heading to the Cape tomorrow evening for 8 days.

Greg

Staff member
got your board packed??? :razz:

Pfft. Bringing the mountain bike. I hope to do a few sunrise rides and then come back and hang from mid morning on at the beach with the girls.

deadheadskier

Staff member
We're staying right on the water in West Dennis.

not at the Light House Inn on West Dennis Beach? That would be too weird. That's where I worked those two seasons. body/surf board won't do you much good there, but a windsurfer would....they held the world championships there one of the years I was working there.

Word to the wise....go across cape to the bayside at least once to check out Chapin Beach. At low tide, you can literally walk out a half a mile. You're kids will love it. There are also HUGE dunes on the beach. When I was living there 14 years ago, you used to be allowed to climb them, but not anymore. You also used to be able take jeeps out on that beach. Me and my buddy's would do 'helicopters' jumping off the dunes as dry land training for ski season :grin:

frozencorn

Heading to a friend's plot of land on Horseneck Beach to celebrate his engagement.

drjeff

Friday, my wife and kids head to her parent's house on the Cape for most of the weekend. Friday afternoon after i get home from work, I get to start the big list of yard chores I get to do. I'm also planning on trying to squeeze in a late afternooon 18 holes of golf Friday PM. After that I'll likely go out with a few friends for a couple of drinks

Saturday. More yardwork :( Maybe another round of golf and/or drinks with friends

Sunday. More yardwork and then paly with the kids once my wife gets home with them

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Not Working! Half a day today, then off tomorrow to Sunday! Not sure what I'll be doing but a bike ride or two will be done.

GSS, you're moving out of your old apartment, gee, and here I thought you still live with your folks for some reason, silly me :grin::lol::spin::razz:

Good luck with the new place!