• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1 Pair of skis for the whole season.... which ones

Phillycore

If you could only pick one pair of skis to use everyday (East Coast) and they had to be no older than 3 years (2006+) for all conditions which would you choose... Money not an object....

Being as I'd want something mid-fat and twin tipped that could be used as a true all mountain ski.... I'd have to stick with what I know works for me...

K2 Public Enemy 179 Can handle ice / powder / crud / and is stiff...

deadheadskier

Staff member
I guess I'd have to go with my 06-07 B2s. I haven't really tried any other all mountain skis in the past three years. They leave something to be desired on ice, but kick ass at just about everything else except deep, deep, poe. Not that they can't be used in the deeper stuff, I just would prefer something with a tad more float if for no other reason than not fatiguing as quickly.

wa-loaf

I'm perfectly happy with my Elan Ripsticks. I've been using them for racing and all mtn skiing. Not fat at all, but I rip the ice in them and they slice through crud. I can manage in the pow.

snoseek

Salomon 1080 foil, fischer Wateu 94, volkle karma, 4frnt stl or msp are all skis I know would work well. I'm sure there are many others. How many days and where do you ski? That would make a difference for sure.

Phillycore

Oh I was just talking hypothetically...

I have a pair of PE's which I'm happy with, a pair or firstblood's which I haven't even mounted yet, and a pair of icelantic scouts which are fun to play around with from time to time.. If I was going to add something to my quiver it would probably be the K2 Seth's(08), or Kung Fujas (09), maybe some Head MoJo 90's or 94's... I'm a big fat mofo and like a big fat ski....lol

I only get out 20 times a year or so...not bad for someone who's married, broke, has 3 kids, and lives 2 hours from the mountain...
Mainly pocono's but try to get a trip out west once a year for a few days..

mondeo

Probably Dynastar Twisters. Never skied them myself, but I gotta figure they were massively popular for a reason.

Phillycore

I don't think I've ever even seen a pair of dynastar twisters

going to google right now.. holy cow... only 66 at waist... 98/66/85 22m turn radius... Yeah those wouldn't be for me...

I like hearing what other people like to use, it makes me want to try them out to see if I'm missing out on something... or if I'd be happier on something other than what I'm currently using. They really should do more free demo days (very infrequent in Pa. ) so we can all check out stuff.

mondeo

I don't think I've ever even seen a pair of dynastar twisters

going to google right now.. holy cow... only 66 at waist... 98/66/85 22m turn radius... Yeah those wouldn't be for me...

I like hearing what other people like to use, it makes me want to try them out to see if I'm missing out on something... or if I'd be happier on something other than what I'm currently using. They really should do more free demo days (very infrequent in Pa. ) so we can all check out stuff.

When I say massively popular, I mean massively popular among bump skiers. Because really, they're the only real skiers.

Phillycore

When I say massively popular, I mean massively popular among bump skiers. Because really, they're the only real skiers.

I hear the same line of crap from some of the ski racers and some of the park rats as well..

Every clique seems to think they are the only REAL skiers or riders out there...

BULLSHIT!

JMO...Whatever you decide to ski park, bumps, gates, freeride, groomers..whatever... you should be respected the same...

I sure as hell hope you were joking and aren't really that damn ignorant cause that's just lame as all hell..

wa-loaf

I hear the same line of crap from some of the ski racers and some of the park rats as well..

Every clique seems to think they are the only REAL skiers or riders out there...

BULLSHIT!

JMO...Whatever you decide to ski park, bumps, gates, freeride, groomers..whatever... you should be respected the same...

I sure as hell hope you were joking and aren't really that damn ignorant cause that's just lame as all hell..

There are a lot of bump addicts here, but I'm sure his post was made tongue in cheek.

mondeo

Chalk one up for the ignorance column :flame:

But really, just tongue in cheek. Except in comparison to the turn earners. :wink: