Volkl 5-Star with integrated Marker Bindings/Salomon Ellipse 9 Boot Review - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad
    TB- How can I get a photo of myself skiing on the left side of each message like you guys have? I do have several photos that would be pretty cool. They're all 10-15+ years old, but we don't have to mention that part : ).

I take it you're in Massachusetts. Where do you ski in VT/NH/NY? We will be doing the Bromley season pass thing next year with the family with occasional side trips to Stratton/Okemo/Killington. My kid will also be enrolled in the Mt. Peter learn to ski-race program for kids next year (local to us in Warwick, NY, about 8 miles from my house).
    I'll PM you if I'm in your neck of the woods...
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I appreciate the warm welcome. I have to admit to being a bit disappointed in the lack of online gear reviews for skis and boots. It's probably that I just don't know where to turn to find that information. Obviously I'm stoked about the new gear which really made skiing more enjoyable for me. I was honestly amazed at how much BETTER this stuff is than my old setup (205cm Rossignol 5G GS skis, Lange Mid 5.0 Boots, Look bindings). The skis much carve better and are just as quiet at high speed, the boots provide better edge feel with MUCH greater comfort, and I can't say enough good things about carbon fiber ski poles (why didn't I get those ten years ago?).

Ahhh. Technology marches on. Now I can start working on my creaky early 90's laminated ski technique....

not meaning to redirect a skier away from AZ, but epicski.com has a really active gear forum with tons of beta on various products. the forums themselves are rather west coast oriented though, but i always dig through their gear forums when i am looking for info.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thanks Steve. I'll check it out. Eastern and Western conditions are so different. I've skiied extensively out west and would have a completely different ski if I were based in Utah, Colorado or Wyoming. Eastern conditions are generally tougher to deal with. The big exception to that rule in my experience is 'Sierra cement' . I haven't skiied in the Sierras but I've run into S.C. in Utah in March and I am amazed that ANYONE can ski in that sludge. I find regular medium weight junk a challenge. I suppose a Sierra skier might find the boilerplate that we regularly encounter in NY a challenge too : ).

Thanks for the help with the picture Greg...

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    but epicski.com has a really active gear forum with tons of beta on various products. the forums themselves are rather west coast oriented though, but i always dig through their gear forums when i am looking for info.
    Sounds like something we here should work towards...

Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information