• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 7-27

powhunter

jonnypoach and myself headed up do a little downhilling....got up around 11... Hit trail 2 (which is really great eastern that swings by the top of bear) for a few warm ups. Really fun riding that and flying over all the water bars. Next gondi ride..we bushwacked under the gondola past the canyon quad and headed into the woods to visit coopers (no they didnt blow it up) VERIFIED coops is still there...Headed down the lower part of ridge run and back to the gondi..

a little short vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyvfoM2PPg

Most everyone up there was in full body armor and on DH bikes.....Next time we go up were gonna do the same....

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
A group of my friends and maybe Austin will be up there the weekend after next, hopefully. I've been riding there for eight years... if you want any good trail recommendations, let me know... but almost all the black diamond and double blacks afre freakin real sweet. There is some inside beta on the lower trails though, if you want to avoid riding uphill much.

bvibert

Staff member
Is that JP and his 'new' bike I see in that picture? :eek: I thought he was going to rent??

powhunter

Is that JP and his 'new' bike I see in that picture? :eek: I thought he was going to rent??

yea thats the new bike allright........he seemed to do allright with it..."it" kept getting funny stares from some of the bikers with the higher end bikes.... We are gonna do it again in sept. Gotta rent the DH bike and full body armor on the next trip......my brakes are cooked...even my brand new tires took a beating...best to beat on their gear

steve

awf170

A group of my friends and maybe Austin will be up there the weekend after next, hopefully. I've been riding there for eight years... if you want any good trail recommendations, let me know... but almost all the black diamond and double blacks afre freakin real sweet. There is some inside beta on the lower trails though, if you want to avoid riding uphill much.

What days are you going for? I should be in.

I think I'm going to get some armor and maybe a fullface before I go though so I don't kill myself. Will this lead to me getting made fun of the whole weekend and wishing I just went with getting hurt instead? :p

Edit: I just got your email. So never mind on that date thing. Yeah, I'm in.

powhunter

Austin...youll have more fun/feel more secure if ya wear that shit.....im not sure if ya can rent it or not im gonna check into it though....but most of the good riders up there were wearing it

steve