• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay's West Bowl - Final Major Expansion for terrain in the East?

awf170

eatskisleep said:
YEah but they do have an argument. In order to stay open and competitive to the larger mountain they need to expand. :)

ya and then once they get more money they can donate more to the white mountains nation park, so its win(wildcat), win(nation forest),Win(use skiers situation! :D

eatskisleep

awf170 said:
eatskisleep said:
YEah but they do have an argument. In order to stay open and competitive to the larger mountain they need to expand. :)

ya and then once they get more money they can donate more to the white mountains nation park, so its win(wildcat), win(nation forest),Win(use skiers situation! :D

Yeah yeah man! That's what I'm talking about! :beer: :D 8)

awf170

eatskisleep said:
awf170 said:
eatskisleep said:

Yeah yeah man! That's what I'm talking about! :beer: :D 8)

something that i think would be very cool would be a run down that ridge right next to polecat, that would be so cool looking down at the creeks... maybe thats what that third little enterance on upper polecat goes to?

look here
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat...s=50&size=l&symshow=n&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Burke's plans? Well, it depends upon "which" plans you're referring too since they've changed so much.

ORIGINALLY the mountain was just upper mountain...the Poma was the only lift...in the late 1960's they added the lift that became the QUAD (double chair that was retrofitted as a quad in the late 1980's). Expansion plans included the entire lower mountain area with lifts, trails, and CONDOS along with that newer lodge. From there the plan was to add a lift and more terrain to the right of the Willoughby Trail area (as you look at the map) thus serving "West Peak." Steep terrain over there..only thing there now are some glades and the fire road.

The other plan, which the previous ownership was acting on, was to add another lift in the East Bowl running from the flat-traverse on East Bowl to the summit (near or above where Wilderness is). There are some great glades that were cut in this area--long runs that cascade into the East Bowl. They were going to become new trails. You can also see how they were going to extend Doug's Drop straight up to Toll Road and add more snowmaking (same with Little Dipper). Talk was of putting a fixed-grip triple in the old Dipper Poma Liftline.

Another original plan was to add two lifts that ran from the BMA area up and then to the right towards East Bowl...this is on the original plan map...got scrapped I believe.

Oh yeah...then we had the German money-launderer who came in and was going to build Bavarian Castles and junk like that...he disappeared and so did those outlandish ideas.

I have yet to see the official plans of what the Ginn Company plans to do. They have plenty of $$$ but are definitely dragging their feet in some respects this year. They have taken the slow approach to development which is good. They repainted the summit quad this year and replaced the decking at the top unload station. As I have said before, Burke really needs a high speed lift to the summit if they want the mountain to be successful. This should be the FIRST thing on their list for next year! Maybe they just can't figure out exactly where they want it.
They just requested a building permit for a two story office building near the base lodge. This may be a sign that they are probably trying to get the offices out of the Main base lodge to open it up more for patrons).

thebigo

Interting you pull up this thread. Post #22 by Tin Woodsman was the reason I found and started reading/posting on Alpine Zone.

Masskier

I have yet to see the official plans of what the Ginn Company plans to do. They have plenty of $$$ but are definitely dragging their feet in some respects this year. They have taken the slow approach to development which is good. They repainted the summit quad this year and replaced the decking at the top unload station. As I have said before, Burke really needs a high speed lift to the summit if they want the mountain to be successful. This should be the FIRST thing on their list for next year! Maybe they just can't figure out exactly where they want it.
They just requested a building permit for a two story office building near the base lodge. This may be a sign that they are probably trying to get the offices out of the Main base lodge to open it up more for patrons).[

Ginn's developement team is working out of the Cutter Inn. Stop by on any Tues or Thursday and ask for Tim or Catherine. They will be happy to show you Ginn's master plan, new lifts, trails, Base area, Golf Course and all. They also have a chart showing you their timeline broken down into 1/4s. Basically they expect to be in the design, engineering, permits to end of 2008. Start infrastructure in 2009 and residential in 2010.

kingdom-tele

I know le massif is planning on some serious construction, having train access, wind power, and becoming a destination resort where you won't need your car, hop the train in island pond and when you arrive everything is available within walking distance

not sure on the time frame but definately a cool prospect, and a refreshing change

Tin Woodsman

Interting you pull up this thread. Post #22 by Tin Woodsman was the reason I found and started reading/posting on Alpine Zone.

Greg -

I'll PM you my mailing address for my cut of the incremental advertising revenues.