• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trail of Tears, West Barnstable, MA - 7/29/08

Greg

Staff member
Short ride today with my two brother-in-laws this morning. We did about 1.8 miles on the other side of the small route 149 lot. Similar terrain - rolling singletrack with a few easy rocky sections. A perfect introduction to MTB for two newbs. They seemed to enjoy it, but the ride ended poorly when we discovered someone ripped off a cradle and a stabilizer from my bike rack. A-holes!!!! :angry:

Anyway, Crankfire track is here:

http://www.crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=192&t=441&w=0

bvibert

Staff member
Sucks that you had stuff stolen from your rack. Some people are such a-holes! :angry:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That really sucks about the theft. :( But great that you got out on your bike this week! I'd love to be at the Cape right now....

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Greg

Staff member
Yeah, the larceny sucked, but the ride was still fun. I hope to get in one more ride this week out here. I want to try the Willow Street area in Yarmouth. Vaca is going great. Scored a sweet burn at the beach today despite SPF 15....

Swamp Dog

head down RT 151 and check out the trails on the backside of Otis. You'll see cars parked on the side of the road just before the on ramp to RT 28, that's where you pick up the trail. It's a better ride than Yarmouth. I hear Nickerson is ok too.

check out the message board on www.capecodcyclist.com and find someone who knows the area to ride with. It's a good group and they have some decent rides.