• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/11 - 3/12 Storm Discussion Thread

awf170

it looks like sugarloaf is going to get about a foot and half, man saterday is going to be awsome. The backsides open up again too, probably going to go do them first run 2morrow :D

hammer

I don't know why I'm excited about his one, I can't go out this weekend anyway... :x

Hope the rest of you enjoy it. The past few weeks have been pure sweetness. :D

ctenidae

Local newssays storm watch is extended through 4 pm Saturday. If it runs that long, I think we're going to try for night skiing, probably Gunstock, Sat night. Anybody know how Gunstock is for wind holds after a storm?
I've already taken Monday off, though (did it before the storm), and can't decide between Jiminy, Cranmore, or Sunapee. I think I'll wait and see who gets the best out of this storm before committing free passes...

hammer

ctenidae said:
Local newssays storm watch is extended through 4 pm Saturday. If it runs that long, I think we're going to try for night skiing, probably Gunstock, Sat night. Anybody know how Gunstock is for wind holds after a storm?
Based on a check of the trail map I don't think that Gunstock runs the summit quad at night. I'm not sure how the other lifts are affected by wind, however.

Conditions were great at Gunstock when I went last Sunday, and I'm guessing that they will be even better this weekend. Enjoy.

Vortex

ctenidae, Thursday's globe had $15 dollar off coupon in the Ski/sports section for any day for the rest of the year at Sunapee. Looked like you either had passes or were looking for a deal. Hope that helps.

Greg

Staff member
Heading to Loon on Sunday to ski Mon-Thurs. Check out this forecast. :eek: :beer: :lol: :D

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
Heading to Loon on Sunday to ski Mon-Thurs. Check out this forecast. :eek: :beer: :lol: :D
WOW...Bring the fat skies. :D
I'm bringing my powder skis, my rock skis, my bump skis and my GS skis. It makes it easy when you only have one pair... ;)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
I'm bringing my powder skis, my rock skis, my bump skis and my GS skis. It makes it easy when you only have one pair... ;)
Ha..Have a good time. Looking forward to the pics. :D

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
Ha..Have a good time. Looking forward to the pics. :D
I hope to be able to get access to the hotel's wireless network so I should be able to publish TRs and pics nightly...

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
snowing

The last storm(Mon night/Tues) was abit of a disappoitment here so maybe Roemer will be right this time.

It has started to snow here along the Mad River about a mile from the Sugarbush access rd.

Looks like Greg has picked another perfect time to work..ie sking powder.... :lol:

Lostone

Started snowing on the mountain in the late morning. :)

By 2:30 it was starting to settle in. :)

Tomorrow I would suggest everyone stay inside and... :idea: watch TV. :wink:

Charlie Schuessler

Saturday morning snow storm...

It snowed all night and right now it is coming down very heavy.....

Cannon/Mittersill is going to be good tommorow... :D

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
This is good snow, too. That stuff we had during the windy, blowing storm midweek was kind of cruddy (not that we won't take it), but this is some good powder.

I think we've got about six so far in the MRV. There was a letup this morning, but it's coming down again. Sounds like we're due for several more inches today. MRG's website says 15-30 (what a range, eh?) by Monday morning.

:)

Greg

Staff member
I woke up to close to a foot this morning. The strong March sun is already starting to take its toll on it though.