• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

awf170

how do u get a very large picture small enough to fit onto your avatar or zoom in a part of the picture for just that part to be your avatar.

Greg

Staff member
You can crop/resize with most image editors. I use Paint Shop Pro which is a relatively inexpensive, yet almost as powerful an app as PhotoShop. Alternatively, you can Email the image to me at contact@alpinezone.com and I'll do up an avatar for you.

bvibert

Staff member
I second the recommendation for IrfanView its a great program for the price (free). Perfect for doing simple picture editing for use on the web.

bvibert

Staff member
awf170 said:
i got it resized to fit and zoomed in right, but it is 16kb so i cant use it, how can u get it down to 10kb

How much did you size it down? All of the avatars I've used here have been less than 6KB...

awf170

i tried 100 by 100 first then tried only like 50 by 50 but both of them said it 16kb for some reason, it didnt seem like the size mattered, very wierd :-?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
If it's a digital photo, make sure you save the resized version *without* what are called EXIF tags or EXIF info. That's all the information from the camera about when the picture was taken, the camera settings, etc., and can take up a good deal of space.

awf170

greg i just sent you the picture, it was annoying me too much so i just gave up, hopefully you can figure it out, its not big deal if you cant though. thanks anyway

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
greg i just sent you the picture, it was annoying me too much so i just gave up, hopefully you can figure it out, its not big deal if you cant though. thanks anyway
Check your Email...

P

Peter the great

hey uh..

how do you get a new picture for you thing?
<<<<<<<<<< :blink:

BeanoNYC

Resize you picture down to 100 pixles by 100 pixles (tips are on the first page of this thread) When logged in go to "profile" at the top of the page, Scroll down to the bottom of the profile page and you will see an "Avatar Control Panel" Click on "upload avatar" and voila, there you have it.