• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Willow Street, South Yarmouth, MA - 8/1/08

Greg

Staff member
Took another quick ride this morning in the Willow Street area in South Yarmouth. You park right off Exit 7 and cross the RR tracks to the trailhead. The area was pretty decent with more rolling singletrack, but you never venture very far from the mid-Cape Highway and can hear it the whole time to you don't get much of a "backcountry" feel. There is also a lot of sandy doubletrack and wide sandy fields where ATVers apparently ride so the whole area has a more "urban" feel than Trail of Tears in West Barnstable. Still a good ride and while the singletrack is a bit overgrown, it's a lot of fun. The area has more technical riding that TOT but still an intermediate area, at best. A few hike-a-bike climbs (for me) and some great sweeping downhills. A good option and quite a bit closer to where we were staying. 4.7 miles, Crankfire track:

http://www.crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=193&t=443&w=0

bvibert

Staff member
Glad to see you're getting out so much while out there. Sounds like some decent riding at least. :)

Greg

Staff member
Glad to see you're getting out so much while out there. Sounds like some decent riding at least. :)

Yeah - I was psyched to get some rides in and add some new trails to Crankfire. The riding out there is a lot of fun; just very different from what I'm accustomed to. Home now...