• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Me vs. the line in my yard

awf170

dude, looks like my front teeth. I'm surprised you didn't hit a nerve and had horrible pain like I did.

I'm guessing you went over on the drop, not the stairs, eh...

And where is the vid? There is an icon for a vid and I wanna see it.

So how did you do it? Yeah, I just barely missed the nerve. The dentist said he could actually see some pinkness from the end of the nerve.

That's a pic icon, duh. I guess it could a camera too though...

And yeah, I went off the wall not the stairs. The stairs are cake.

Dude... just..... dude.

A month of riding and you've already broken your front tooth = you're doing it wrong.

1.5 months actually. So hah, in your face.

It's been on before, so I'd guess it'll be on again.

Cool, could you send me a PM if you see it up again. I check Cranklove everyone once in a while but not nearly as often as AZ.

Holy crap...one reason why I don't Mountain Bike..that's a big chunk of tooth..maybe Dr. Jeff can help..

It's not like you could get hurt or anything going 40mph down an icy slope.

After pic:
IMG_0481.jpg

...yeah I love retarded, very unflattering, extremely close pictures.

Greg

Staff member
Good as new. :lol: You're whacked, Austin. Be careful...

How did they fix your tooth? 5 years ago when I was wrestling..I chipped my tooth and it was just filed a tiny bit..but they must have epoxyed yours...but the dentist did a great job,,.

MR. evil

I have been concidering getting one of those ever since my last crash at Nass. My face missed that tree by inches. I tried on one at the bike shop the other day and they do seem warm. But the protection might be worth it. I think I will wait until fall to get one. Then by next summer I will be used to waering one and will deal with the heat then.

bvibert

Staff member
I have been concidering getting one of those ever since my last crash at Nass. My face missed that tree by inches. I tried on one at the bike shop the other day and they do seem warm. But the protection might be worth it. I think I will wait until fall to get one. Then by next summer I will be used to waering one and will deal with the heat then.

You really are turning into a downhiller. :eek:

MR. evil

You really are turning into a downhiller. :eek:

Why do you say that.......just becuase I like having a nice plush suspension, trying out platform pedals, concidering wearing a full face helmet and like going DH the most.

Seriously I think I am way to much of a wuss to ever become a DHer.

Greg

Staff member
I really hope I never get to the point which requires me to get a full-face. I'll stick with drops no higher than my knee and no crazy downhills. I'm fine with fast longer XC rides.

bvibert

Staff member
Why do you say that.......just becuase I like having a nice plush suspension, trying out platform pedals, concidering wearing a full face helmet and like going DH the most.

Uh yes, that's exactly why, actually. ;)

I really hope I never get to the point which requires me to get a full-face. I'll stick with drops no higher than my knee and no crazy downhills. I'm fine with fast longer XC rides.

Ditto, though I could see getting to a point where having a full face might be helpful, but not required.

awf170

Are you planning on wearing that all the time? Seems like it would get kinda hot. Let us know how it works out for you.

Probably not. Only when I plan on going off stuff higher than 3 feet.

Not sure if I'll wear it when I go out alone. On one hand I want the extra protection, but the extra protection might make me do larger drops and lead to more injuries. :???:

Seriously, I would be all right with mostly fast XC trails, but the XC around here kind of sucks. If we had riding like what we did at East Hartford Reservoir I would be fine doing that about half the time. All the XC stuff in Lynn woods is just so frustrating though because the hills are very loose. Plus I would really want some bigger hills. I'm dying for something like this:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128858

Heck even something in NNE will a soild 1000-2000 vertical of continious climbing would be awesome. That first 30 minutes or so of climbing at the Reservoir was wicked fun, I would love to give that a try without stopping if I can get back.

cbcbd

So how did you do it? Yeah, I just barely missed the nerve. The dentist said he could actually see some pinkness from the end of the nerve.
Dove into a shallow pool, teeth first... possibly the gene pool, I'm not sure.

Probably not. Only when I plan on going off stuff higher than 3 feet.

It's not the air, its the landing.
But I do have to say that extra gear does give confidence. I got some shin/knee pads... after a while with them I went for a ride without... it was one of my worst rides ever- I was screwing up lines I had done dozens of times and even endoed on a log, smacking the side of my jaw on a rock... hmm... maybe full faces aren't that bad afterall ;)

Last edited: