• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ZZ Top on the TV tonight....anyone else see it?

deadheadskier

Staff member
What a great thing to watch. Honestly, the last time I remember watching/seeing them was in 1984 at nine years old and admiring the chicks in the Legs video. Over the years since, I've grown to appreciate Billy Gibbon's texas white boy nasty blues in exploring their 70's classics like Jesus Left Chicago and La Grange.

Tonight, I pop on the TV and there's a concert video from Texas in front of a HUGE crowd. They freakin' killed it. This wasn't some nostalgia act, money ploy. You would think they were twenty years younger as they all completely tore it up. I was truly a stark contrast from the Who program I watched last week where Townsend and Daltrey looked and sounded their age. Gibbon's and co shredded like they were twenty.

The whole thing was a total surprise for me. I haven't seen these guys on TV or heard them for that matter in over twenty years. I thought it was a joke at first when I saw the concert listed on the program guide. Man was I wrong with that expectation as they completely killed it. It was like they hadn't aged a day since me seeing them on MTV in 1984.

Anyone else watch it??

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i have a friend that has worked on the tours over the years. he was telling me that about 5 years ago they started touring again doing all sorts of small/large venues and liked it so much they haven't stoped. they really like what they do and they really good at it.