• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camping @ Mohawk Trail State Forest, MA

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
I haven't camped there, but I've hiked there and near there. The hike up to Todd Mountain is steep but not too long. Directional views from near the summit. The Mahican Mohawk Trail (which goes along the top of that ridge) also goes to Clark Mountain, which is viewless. There's also a trail across Route 2 that I haven't been on yet.

A fun hike near it (still not too long) is Negus Mountain from Zoar Gap. Some nice steeps and plenty of views!

For a full day hike, Mt. Greylock in Adams isn't too far from the park. There are a bunch of trails to the summit, ranging from shorter and steep (Thunderbolt) to long and rather gradual (via Rockwell Road).

UnaBonger

Camped there last weekend.. Very nice campground with the Cold River flowing right through it. Hiked up up to Mt. Todd and down the mohawk-mahican trail. Very nice hike :)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Wow, brings back memories. I stayed there about 25 years ago during a guys' camping trip back in highschool. I can't give you any ideas for hikes, but it is a fun, pretty campground. But, either way you should hike up the BEAST and take some pics of what's going on there for us back here at AZ.