• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FS: Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack-2 bikes

pepsi

This bike rack fits vehicles with a rear mounted spare tire. I've used it on a Rodeo, Wrangler, and Pathfinders.
There is an adapter plate that goes on behind the spare and a small receiver sticks out in the center of the spare. When you remove your spare there must be a flat surface where the studs stick out.Anything that is there to hold the spare up while you put the nuts on the studs must come off. On some this piece unbolts, on one Pathfinder I had to grind a weld off. (not structural, it's just to make it easier to put the spare on). Check yours to see if this is something you want to do.
When the rack is not in use this is all that is on the vehicle if you choose. When you want to mount a bike, the rack itself slides into the receiver and is held on with a pin and lock. Kind of like a small trailer hitch receiver.
Holds 2 bikes, hold down clamps lock with small padlocks.

I love this rack because I didn't have to get a trailer hitch and I couldn't get the bike up on top and fastened alone without taking a ladder along.
But, I no longer have a rear mounted spare so....

For an AZ member, you pay shipping or pick it up at the planning meeting or...